David Sackett

Hello all, October last year I bought myself the top of my bucket list a 1949? B1B Dodge pickup.It is a surviver no rot 52.000 miles.

Vin starts with 8212---- has 4 speed transmission on the floor /radio cab /bench seat, the door cards have a small midway extension at the top no pilot rear windows.

I was told by the previous owner that it came from a one owner Canadian forestry commission.The truck is totally complete and in excellent condition.

I managed to fined the last American owner who's name is on the title 2015 I called him and left a message could he email me but as yet no response 

I would just like to know I bit more about the vehicle so any advise re does and don'ts  would be appreciated.

David.

DO take your time, with whatever you are gonna do with it...get the title sorted out before spending a dime on that buggy... I am reminded of the story of a guy who fixed up a VW bus, then titled it, only to find out that it had been reported stolen decades prior and the original owner wanted it back, what a mess that was...

DO make a plan...it's tempting to hop in an old buggy and go for a cruise, but them brakes may be about to give up the ghost, better to find out on a nice shop floor than after turning the local burger stand into a drive thru...the whole truck may need a thorough inspection, lubrication and rewiring...figure out what you want to do as far as repairs / restoration, figure up a budget, then triple that budget for incidentals, and be willing to make changes to that plan on the fly...

DON'T get discouraged when ya hit a snag...I have a yard full of abandoned projects because the previous owners got in a big hurry to tear into their projects without any realistic plan, the weather changed and so did their ambitions...

Ya might want to do some reading and some research before getting too carried away... :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
revised links