part supplier references

homer41

I need rebuild parts and would like referances. I will need front suspension bushings rear spring rubber bushings, frame to body mounts, motor mounts, possibly parts to rebuild the transmission. I looked before but now don-t remember the suppliers who will have these parts.  Dave

I would also recommend Andy Bernbaums, I have been dealing with them since the late 1980's, I always phone thru my order from here in Australia and request that its shipped via the US Post Office.....the most recent order was made on the 8th January this year and arrived here in Oz, 10,000 miles away the following week on the 17th January.............packed well and exactly what I'd ordered, a pair of upper and a pair of lower front rebound rubbers..............from personal experience I would NEVER RECOMMEND Steele Rubber, not even to my worst enemy.........I rang, ordered the correct cowl vent rubber from their paper catalog..........they sent something in the correct numbered sealed bag that was absolutely incorrect, I rang them back and they told me I did not know what I was talking about, they would never send the wrong part........this incorrect part with postage cost me about $70.00 Australian.............I would not give Steele Rubber the steam off my ****............Andy Bernbaums is my recommendation and as an aside regarding the abovementioned 1/4 vent window rubbers, I bought some 20 odd years ago for the Oz 40 Dodge from AB's, wasn't till I got them that I realised that Oz 39-48 Mopars have the 1/4 vents pivots in a different place and I couldn't bring myself to cut the nice new rubbers to fit..........when I bought the USA bodied 41 Plymouth Coupe it needed 1/4 vent rubbers ......those on the shelf installed and fitted perfectly...........use AB's..........Andy Douglas  

Edited by Andydodge

As an aside, when you come across a supplier, tech tip or other sweet piece of info...though it may not be pertinent to the actual step of your build at the moment, do yourself a favor and get a notebook to write down items such as this for a quick find later......you will not necessary be waiting for a person to write a response for your question.   Also if written down, in a spare moment you can investigate the company(s) and their wares at your leisure.  This will allow you to not only become more familiar with the task at hand, the part needed but often the step required to perform the task and often that all important feature….COST

4 hours ago, Andydodge said:

I would also recommend Andy Bernbaums, I have been dealing with them since the late 1980's, I always phone thru my order from here in Australia and request that its shipped via the US Post Office.....the most recent order was made on the 8th January this year and arrived here in Oz, 10,000 miles away the following week on the 17th January.............packed well and exactly what I'd ordered, a pair of upper and a pair of lower front rebound rubbers..............from personal experience I would NEVER RECOMMEND Steele Rubber, not even to my worst enemy.........I rang, ordered the correct cowl vent rubber from their paper catalog..........they sent something in the correct numbered sealed bag that was absolutely incorrect, I rang them back and they told me I did not know what I was talking about, they would never send the wrong part........this incorrect part with postage cost me about $70.00 Australian.............I would not give Steele Rubber the steam off my ****............Andy Bernbaums is my recommendation and as an aside regarding the abovementioned 1/4 vent window rubbers, I bought some 20 odd years ago for the Oz 40 Dodge from AB's, wasn't till I got them that I realised that Oz 39-48 Mopars have the 1/4 vents pivots in a different place and I couldn't bring myself to cut the nice new rubbers to fit..........when I bought the USA bodied 41 Plymouth Coupe it needed 1/4 vent rubbers ......those on the shelf installed and fitted perfectly...........use AB's..........Andy Douglas  

I have to agree and then I have to also agree to disagree on many of these points......most all want one thing...your money...they all want but another thing, to keep your money....

Mitchell has been the only supplier of these old parts that has never given me an excuse, questioned my experience and has ALWAYS made good on every purchase without fail and often without asking for the old part back.  I challenge any of the other mentioned to do likewise....I do not like slamming businesses on here as we have so precious few providing parts...but I sure do not like being lied to and sent wrong items especially when the conversation prior to purchased described said parts as perfect fit needing no alterations of any sort only to get useless junk that they knew upfront was useless before sending...the cost of shipping each way is on you as they say it fit....total BS....watch these folks like a hawk....they don't get these bad reports without justification....it is now and will always be buyer beware....and sad part is the part they sent Joe last week now comes from a different supplier to you this week....fit, not guaranteed and I have seen this where one person got one item that was great, the next guy got junk...so even coming here is a roll of the dice sometimes on recommended parts....

Tim.............maybe I was a little harsh, I was hanging out for a cup of coffee..........lol.............my apologies if I spoke too soon as what you point out is correct, but apart from my 1st call years ago to AB's when I mentioned that my Oz Dodge was Plymouth based and THAT really confused them until I realised it was similar to what the Canadians have so I quickly changed tack and from then on have always referred to parts etc using the US terms............things like boot, bonnet & mudguard would confuse the issue, but the mind boggles when imagining what an order from the UK referring to "wings" would do............lol..................regards and keep warm........Andy Douglas