Hood Release of my 49 B Coupe

MarkAubuchon

If I recall, you can see the mechanism from beneath the grille albeit not suitable for framing.....you should be able to fashion a heavy rod in a manner to catch the mechanism and pull it toward the drivers side to release the spring post...I had to do this once long long ago...I do not recall it being very difficult...but I also do not remember my every detail

2 minutes ago, MarkAubuchon said:

Bob, thanks for the service bulletin picture.  It can wait until this polar vortex moves on.

tell mother nature to take a hike and in total defiance, go out and lick a flag pole to show her who is boss...….:lol:

At 8 AM this morning I looked out to 26 degrees, for the south that is a bit on the cold side, no wind so it is not real miserable.....was out in T-shirt for a bit cleaning and filling the bird feeder...them little freeloaders are OK in my book....like to watch them.   Going to finish this cup of coffee and go out and check my firebox and put a bit of wood in there I guess. 

• Haha 1

Mother Nature tolerates no defiance. 8 AM this morning in Iowa -25 degrees with wind chill of -35 to -50. High expected to be in the mid minus teens today and record lows tonight. No going out in T-shirts as frostbite is warned of in 5 minutes or less to exposed skin. Any and all projects on hold till warmer weather.

22 minutes ago, 61spit said:

Mother Nature tolerates no defiance. 8 AM this morning in Iowa -25 degrees with wind chill of -35 to -50. High expected to be in the mid minus teens today and record lows tonight. No going out in T-shirts as frostbite is warned of in 5 minutes or less to exposed skin. Any and all projects on hold till warmer weather.

O U C H  and folks ask why I live in the south as much as I like the mountains and such....

5 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

tell mother nature to take a hike and in total defiance, go out and lick a flag pole to show her who is boss...….:lol:

At 8 AM this morning I looked out to 26 degrees, for the south that is a bit on the cold side, no wind so it is not real miserable.....was out in T-shirt for a bit cleaning and filling the bird feeder...them little freeloaders are OK in my book....like to watch them.   Going to finish this cup of coffee and go out and check my firebox and put a bit of wood in there I guess. 

5 hours ago, 61spit said:

Yup... I had -24 this morning when I went out to fire up my pickup. I had to drive down near Madison to visit a customer this morning. As I drove south the temp keep dropping. It was -28 by the time I got there. ? Truck drove like I was dragging a heavy trailer, with it being so cold and stiff, plus a pretty stout cross wind. It was up to -18 on the drive home this afternoon. It was like a heat wave... ?

my hat is off to you folks up north......I had moved from the north and spent a number of years in the south then shipped out and spent a couple winters in Bavaria....I returned home and decided if and at all possible, I was going to stay somewhat south....but ALWAYS north of Florida....I could probably tolerate the winters of slightly more north over the conditions I find in most all of Florida that I have visited....now retired, dug in like a tic and hope that nothing upsets the apple cart.

4 hours ago, DrDoctor said:

This just makes me appreciate a heated garage all that much more . . .  Now, I want A/C for the summer months . . .  Momma says “No!!!”,  so “No” it is.

We have a roll around portable ac that vents through a small fixture that fits under an opened double hung window. Cools our kitchen, dining and living room.   Say it's a filter so your car fumes, gas , and dust aren't poluting the atmosphere.  You are being a good neighbor. Less than 300 bucks. If you have n ollies out let nearby 50 less.

I installed a mini split in my dining room in July. It does the kitchen, dining room and living room. It's 12k BTU and it heats and cools. Put the compressor part in the garage to keep it out of the weather and to keep from drilling a 3" hole through the brick exterior. It is nice and quiet and only cost $475 delivered.  

Joe