How to fit fenders,front panel on my C-1-B6 Help needed

thrashfit

Hi, I am in a position to start fitting the front and rear fenders , bonnet and front panel to my 1954 Dodge C-1-B6........... I am wondering if there is a rubber strip fitted between the wing and the cab at the front or if it bolts straight on or rubber strip between fender and front panel.........Also rear fender and buck side............ Is there any exploded views of the body panels and where rubber strip is fitted.........many thanks, Dave

Edited by thrashfit

Hey I have a C-series. The fenders bolt through the front of the door jams with fine thread bolts. Mine doesn’t have a gasket. 

My nose/grille/rad support was long ago molded to my fenders which is not cool but it is what it is.

The hood (bonnet- you’re british and say boot instead of trunk too?) has four bolts that go down into tapped holes. Also fine thread. No gaskets. It’s all so so simple but I am sometimes flabbergasted by simple tasks when I don’t have experience so no judgment here ;)

good luck!

Hi Lads, Many thanks for your replies, I did'nt want to assemble the whole front then find I needed to have gaskets between the panels. All captivated nuts have been tapped out and new bolts found so its stays as original as possible. When the weather breaks I can get the truck outside and fit the front on as well as rewiring and bleeding the new brakes. I sure wish I had the room you boys have in the States, the truck just fits in my garage and when fitted the doors wont open...no width here. Best wishes Dave....UK...........The picture shows the truck in the garage with the front panel mocked up with a couple of bolts just to see what it looks like.......

496.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thrashfit said:

I sure wish I had the room you boys have in the States, the truck just fits in my garage and when fitted the doors wont open...no width here.

Your gonna have to find a bigger castle so you have room to work!

thrashfit-

I bet your have never liked the song with the line- "I love a rainy night" - - -

Even more working in that garage! (shed).

DJ

Cheers Lads, I like your replies, I have knocked through the rear of the garage into the shed so there is more room and the truck fits...just. Picture shows the buck being built and the chassis moved onto the driveway so I can get to assemble it. The rear wheels have to be removed and the axle put on skids so the roof of the cab clears the garage door....Happy days...Planning is the word. Dave

509.jpg

• Like 3