trim nail strip

homer41

I  am back to working on my 41 P12  4door.  The cab is almost completely stripped, I would like to know if there is a replacement for the nail strips that go up the door divider posts and over the tops of the doors and around the base of the rear winow? I don't know what it is made of but it seems to be quite brittle after all the years and I am afraid  if I remove it it will shatter to pieces.

First, what is it called? Is there a replacement? 

With luck the cab comes off the frame tomorrow!    Dave

Yes, it’s called a tack strip and a modern equivalent is available. Just bought for my convertible top last year from a mail order. Search convertible roof tack strips.

Homer..........I bought some rubber/neoprene stuff at the local hardware store that I used and works perfectly, its about 1/2" wide by 7/16th thick and I used a couple of small screws to attach it to the channel as the original "flaps" that were used broke off when rebent, I can't remember what this stuff was for but I think it may have been for some sort of window seal, the upholsterer said it was fine to use as it was soft enough to take his staples without an issue.............I'll try to get the name of this material, it comes in a roll and is cheap............went to the local hardware store this morning with a sample but no joy.............will try again later.............andyd    

Edited by Andydodge
  • Like 1