floor mat template

ggdad1951

I got an ask a while ago to trace another template for a member. Pulled my floormat out and unrolled it.  Sadly its starting to crack badly so I decided to make a plastic template for future use if anyone wanted a trace.

20190125_190125.jpg.3995d0f5516dd38298986cc12a482a86.jpg

• Like 3

The dimmer switch and floor shifter/ E-Brake hole can be in different places B1/2 and B3/4 series.

In the parts books they only show one part# for all 1948-53 which is very questionable.

it's a reference for sure.  The shifter hole is best guess as mine was pretty hobbed out from years of use.  BUT it's a starting point at least!

At my last OEM job, we had several parts that we found were cheaper to purchase from a vendor in bulk and "trim to fit" was put into the assembly line work instructions than to order and stock separate parts...the guys on the line fabricated their own trimming templates for specials and had them hanging on the wall at their work stations...I'm guessing these floormats were handled similarly back in the day, with some variation on fit and finish from cab to cab :cool: