dodge town sedan? What is it?

Robertcat

So I get the differences between the custom and the Delux, they sound like almost the same vehicle. What’s up with the town sedan from what I understand the dash is different color, doors hinged different, no small window, wider doors.   It’s a lot different. My question is what are the other differences? Also is the value much greater considering the lower production? Any info would be great.  Thanks 

Dash is not different colors, knobs and other features changed to black ONLY IF it is a TS Special...domestic or foreign export.  The production numbers of the TS are usually similar to the business coupe.  Of the two the coupe always has the greater value as it has 2 less door, more personalized and with fewer windows, a sleeker look all around.  You have to find a fan of the body style to find any gain in marketing price for the town sedan as they are still a four door just not of the standard body common to the era......I have a D19 model and a D24 model TSS.....when it comes to the average guy out thee, it is just another 4 door.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

They are everywhere............almost...........theres one on US ebay at the  moment, 1948 Dodge Town Sedan tho' the advert doesn't mention that its a TS, tho' it obviously is,  black nice looking car for $6500.in Michigan................andyd