P15 glove box door striker position

3046moparcoupe

I did take quite a few pictures and made quite a few diagrams when dis-assembling, but here's another example of where I failed to preserve the info I needed to. Question please for my fellow 46-48 P15 forum member owners. Does the glove box door striker mount up to the outside or the inside (in front or behind) of the glove box door lip ? I attached a couple of pics to eliminate confusion with the question I'm asking. If someone could take a look for me and let me know back it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

100_5496.JPG

100_5497.JPG

100_5499.JPG

100_5500.JPG

Dood! Did you do those drawings? They are amazing. I wish I had that kind of ability!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always liked to draw, I really enjoyed doing lettering, sign work, stuff like that,  but I'm getting older and definitely not as steady as I used to be...( heck, I wish I had the second nature mechanic ability so many here on the forum process, it's always greener on the other side I suppose),...anyway thanks for the reply Knuckleharley.

In one of my pics I took back when tearing down, I got just the very edge of this striker in the photo, so I believe it mounts up to the outside/front side of the glove boor door lip like I'm showing in the first attached picture...course if I was sure I wouldn't be asking,..I suppose I should be able to just go slow and through process of elimination determine which way it lines up best with the door latch (without screwing things up, getting something in a bind, etc.) :) but hopefully someone will be able to just take a quick look for me, and I should be a step ahead of the guessing game.

Steve

Edited by 3046moparcoupe

Cold Blue, thank you very much. I really appreciate it.  I just got back inside from working at aligning up the glove box door so that it was a fit to the dash opening, then I loosely attached the striker to the lip the way I thought it was supposed to go, (opposite of the way you show in your picture), then fortunately while easing the door towards the striker I could see through the side gap opening, and the head of that bolt on the striker looked to be way too low. ..even when I rotated the bolt head (which is offset like a cam), it still looked way too low,.....

So again THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT, your picture confirms what I felt I was seeing, lapping the striker plate around to the back side will raise the striker assembly a good  3/16 " or so...

Wish I could return the favor..

Steve

Edited by 3046moparcoupe