Which oil filter should I get?

fede

Hello everyone, kind of a basic question here.

It's time to change the oil, so I need to get a new filter. My issue is that there seems to be a lot of options, and I'm not really confident that I'm getting the correct one. Since I'll be buying online in USA shops (summit? speedway?) and sending it to Uruguay, there is no return option if I get it wrong.

Can someone point me to the exact filter I should get for a 23 inch 218ci flathead 6? A link would be great.

I attach a photo of the engine in case it helps.

Thanks!

DSCF2049.JPG

Yes, definitely pull your old one and match up the numbers. I order one from Andy Bernbaums for my '48 and it was too small. not worth returning for ten dollars. Went to my local NAPA the next day and got the correct one.

I just received my current copu of the National Desoto Clubs magazine and there isa great article on Mopar Oil filters. I have scanned the article and have attached it for your reading pleasure.  I am going to have to scan the pages seperatley becsue of the size so look for multiple documents.

I tried to load the first page but the size is larger than 3 megs.  I anyone you like a copy of the articele then send me your email address and I will send you a copy via your email.  Sorry about the limitations issues

I was able to cut down the pages so here are the pages 1 thru 5  the next post will have pages 6-8. Happy reading

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

MP filter page 1.docx

MP filter page 2.docx

MP filtr page 3.docx

MP filter page 4.docx

MP filter page 5.docx

Edited by desoto1939