good white wall tires

Zpard

1 hour ago, mmcdowel said:

I used Coker and love them, but I've seen other members swear by the other companies out there too.

Be sure to follow the directions for whitewall care, as normal cleaners can yellow and ruin them.

On another Forum that I read daily, everyone over there is raving about LA's Totally Awesome cleaner for your whitewalls. It is a cleaner for just about everything, but seems to do a tremendous job particularly well on whitewalls. You can get it at the Dollar Store, or on line from Amazon. ?

I used Diamondback Tires https://dbtires.com/   for my '37 Chevy coupe project.  They are not cheap but are made from new name brand modern tires as opposed to some that use old name brand molds.  All are radials but they have some that look like bias ply.

They recommend Simple Green for their whitewalls and specifically warn against products containing bleach.

• Like 2

I have read many times that you can buff the black rubber from the sidewalls of a raised letter tire to make wide whites.  Never tried it but there are youtube videos and web forums covering the topic.

One could do something really cool with that, like say make BF Goodrich All Terrains into wide whites.