Identify this motor cycle

pflaming

I've been wanting to visit that museum for many years, but haven't  had a chance yet. I used to get down to Asheville often, but I don't get down there much anymore. It's still on my Bucket LIst though.

I have been to the Barber Motorsports Museum a couple of times. There are so many cool vintage bikes there it's hard to take it all in, but I did get a pic of this '35 Crocker Speedway on one visit.

130.JPG.5219e91c5c9db58884eea81d1ecc4828.JPG

131.JPG.5ad13cb335caec078e649a07cfd08c3e.JPG

Edited by Merle Coggins
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Merle Coggins said:

Barber Motorsports Museum

I haven't been there yet but will eventually make it down. I generally go to Davenport and Barber is a little too soon after. A friend of mine keeps a swap meet space rented for Vintage Days, MidOhio, Wauseon, and Davenport.

Edited by MackTheFinger
Edited for TMI shared

It's a pretty impressive place...

3 floors of motorcycles, and they still have to stack them up...

They had just opened a new wing addition when I was there last spring. I'm sure that's all full now. There wasn't much in it yet last March, but they say that they have at least as many bikes in storage as what's shown in the museum. And they claim that they all run and could be taken out for a ride.

IMG_5639.JPG.c8ab9854177966292217b330b1332d11.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Flatie46 said:

My Son Max and I have been to Wheels through Time  many times.   

Flatie,

Glad to know you made it there and sounds like it was all positive , I like Merle still have it on my list.

Merle,

Thanks for posting the pictures, good stuff.  Barber looks like an awesome place as well. I am located up by the WIS/IL border so no short trip.

Below is one of mine, a basketcase I purchased from out by Davenport at least 20 years ago. Need to drive it more often.

grayghost.jpg

• Like 1

Merle,  I've got a couple of friends that go to Barber days event. They say it's pretty neat, I haven't been able to go but that may change this year or next.  They say they race some of the vintage bikes,  and have a swap meet. After seeing your pics I think It's just been added to my bucket  list. Love the pic of the Crocker single!

Veemoney,  That's a sweet pan,  you do need to get that out more. I have a hinged rear pan fender sitting on my FXR right now. looks like it's just not going to fit right without a lot of work.  

8 minutes ago, Flatie46 said:

Barber days event.

You really need to go the Davenport meet sometime. I've heard good things about Barber's but from what I've heard it's not as laid back as Davenport. Davenport has a great swap meet vintage flat track races, too. Nothing's cooler than watching100 year old motorcycles running full out!! 

Here's a pic of my old BSA at Davenport a few years ago..

56BSARoadRocket.jpg

The 2 times I was at Barber was for a conference in Birmingham, with Volvo Construction Equipment. They took us to Barber for a banquet on the last day. They set up a dining room up on the 3rd floor and served a wonderful banquet. We had a couple hours to roam the museum before dinner. Otherwise it would be quite a trip down there for me. Sounds like that vintage bike event would be fun though. 

Davenport (I’m assuming Iowa) would be much closer. May need to check that one out...

As for Wheels Through Time, When Volvo CE had their North America Headquarters in Asheville, NC I would have to go there a couple times a year for training. Whenever possible I would ride my motorcycle down there and hopefully find a little extra time to do a little extra riding in the area. However, I never seemed to find that extra day in the trip to swing into Maggie Valley to see the museum,even through I’d pretty much be driving right past it. Now Volvo CE has moved their headquarters to Shippensburg, PA. So I don’t get down there like I used to. I may need to make it a point to take a vacation trip back down there with that place specifically in mind. 

Edited by Merle Coggins

On 2/18/2019 at 8:32 PM, Merle Coggins said:

Davenport (I’m assuming Iowa) would be much closer. May need to check that one out...

Davenport is the real deal. This will be the 48th annual meet. Highly recommended for anyone with more than a passing interest in motorcycles. For a fanatic it's a necessity.

http://www.chiefblackhawk.org

Edited by MackTheFinger