for slant 6 lovers.

casper50

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 1:06 AM, casper50 said:

Ha, that's my old truck. That video was right after I got it home and swapped engines. I later swapped in another slant and od 4 speed, painted it a cream white with a gold flake roof. I dailt drove it for about 5 years, got bored with it and sold it to my buddy who small blocked it and is still rolling it.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:51 AM, Merle Coggins said:

I wonder why he has an extension shoved into the carbuerator? And I guess he couldn't find a chromed Mopar alternator...

It was just holding the choke open because the choke wasn't hooked up. I later swapped carbs.

I also rewired everything under the hood to get rid of the previous owners rat nest and also because mopar ignition and charging systems are total crap. 

Edited by J.R.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:06 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

the extension will defeat an automatic choke that is not properly connect to a stove unit or electrical assist.....the alt is often just a single wire unit as three wires confuse the hang out of people though the troubleshoot and repair of other systems is 15 second task.

Choke wasn't hooked up at all because I wasn't going to keep that carb anyways.

Nothing confusing about mopars stock charging/ignition systems. They are just crap and have too many things cluttering up the engine bay. There is a reason they make hei distributors for everything under the sun.

334688_265098036896201_100001880196920_6

Edited by J.R.

Same truck when I was done. I also molded in a 59 oldsmobile gauge cluster to the factory dash.

• 2 weeks later...

Olds gauges and hubcaps on a Dodge?? Heretic!! ? 

Seriously, truck looks good, so does the Olds from what I can see.. I owned a '63 Dodge longbed pickup with a V8 and pushbutton for a while in 1970. It was loads of fun holding the pedal to the floor and punching "D". The tires would chirp and the truck would SLOWLY accelerate. It was far from a fire-breather. Traded it even for a '65 VW Type 1 which I then traded to my girlfriend's dad on a '65 Mustang coupe. The guy who bought the pickup painted it red with a white top and it turned out really nicely. All in all I still think I came out ahead.