Fresh air heater

pflaming

Depending on your size requirement these might work. The old carb pre heat hoses, flexable and stretch up to 18 inches they come in1.5, 1.75 and 2.0 inch diameter. I just used a set of 1.75" as defroster hoses for my '46 Oldsmobile restoration.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/fuel---emissions-16775/carburetors---parts-16801/carburetor-pre-heater-hose-25263/bf3497afe52e?q=Carburetor+Pre-Heater+Hose

32 minutes ago, pflaming said:

I'm not looking for hoses, I'm looking for the paper air duct that stretches across the front, or another way to accomplish the same. The hoses attach to this duct. 

If you have anything left of the original get out some fiberglass and repair it. Otherwise reproductions are available but not cheap

there is really no easy quick way out on this item....as Ed says, repair you own if possible with fiberglass overlay, use as a template and fabricate one out of sheet metal, buy a repop...do not forget that the blower motor also attaches to the duct on a couple models, am thinking this is true for your year application.  Sheetmetal was the route I chose, once painted black one has a hard time determining the difference at first glance.

This is the air duct behind the dash on the firewall?

Trying to add pictures of my 50 Ply. 550 type heater under dash tube. Was made of paper , bad shape, taped together and made fiberglass copies of the front and back halves and then bolted the two together.

Works great! Took a fair amount of work to get done but have only seen one for original for sale on E Bay after 10 years of casually watching. Glad I made my own!

Hope you can get the file (pictures)  to open after me and my computer sent the pictures to some weird files that I have never used for my pictures?? Do not know how to change back! Love computers Most of the time but other times!! ?

DJ

50 ply. duct rebuild-fiberglass

50 ply. heater duct rebuilt

Screenshot (27).png