B3 Cowl Vent Hose

Dodgeb4ya

Does anyone have info or pictures on the factory configuration of the cowl vent hose from the cowl vent thru the firewall.

Is it all one piece rubber thru the fire wall or is there a steel pipe angle piece too?

Does anyone have any pics of this hose.

I have only seen replacement hoses that seem routed kinda in a funky way sticking out over the manifolds or head.

None of then look factory routed clean and neat.

Thanks!!!

That's what I needed.

Thanks a million!

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, JBNeal said:

My '48, '49, and late '53 all have a rubber hose attached to the drainage nipple, routed through a firewall grommet :cool:

my B3 and B4 cabs don't have that grommet, they have what I will call a "flange" maybe to act as the same thing (keep the sheet metal from cutting into the hose)

1260872854_cowlhose(2).JPG.05a9a33a9c83716034df86c6898a1276.JPG

Edited by Brent B3B
removed the confusing photo
  • Like 1

Yes it looks like the B3 and B4's do have the flared  hole for the vent drain hose...guess the B1 and B2's do not.

'llI have to go look at my B3JA and check out that wiper vacuum hose as that's the only vacuum wiper truck i have...still learning these trucks!

Now what's that rubber plug top hole above the vent hose used for?

That rubber plug is in the vacuum wiper hose firewall hole...

After further review, I don't think the drain hose had a grommet, just sorta sits in the hole for B-1 cabs, allowing any "air" in the engine compartment to seep into the cab... The B-2 cab I have by the house, as well as the B-3 & B-4 cabs, all have the flanged hole that better seals the cab from the engine compartment :cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Yes it looks like the B3 and B4's do have the flared  hole for the vent drain hose...guess the B1 and B2's do not.

'llI have to go look at my B3JA and check out that wiper vacuum hose as that's the only vacuum wiper truck i have...still learning these trucks!

Now what's that rubber plug top hole above the vent hose used for?

yeah, that is a bad example of where the wiper vacuum hose was. (left behind the air filter) mine went down to the double fuel pump.... sorry for the confusion

974466569_vachose.JPG.7fe637df4fba0f61b88706d75a345c38.JPG

Edited by Brent B3B