51 Seat rebuild

Navy Chief

I have been having a hard time tracking down a replacement seat for my 1951 project truck, somewhere along the lines the original was replaced with a mystery seat that is too narrow for the truck...

Anyways I think I may have a line on a seat, the only issue is that both the lower and backrest springs have been left in the weather for too long and are basically junk. Has anybody attempted to recreate/rebuilt the seat with off the shelf springs? I would have the originals for measurements and templates, just curious if this road has been travelled before.

my upholsterer replaces springs in mine from some source she had (donor or new I don't know) when mine was redone.  Check with a local upholster and see what they might know.

2 hours ago, buds truck said:

Depending on where you live, I have a seat back, seat bottom and a seat frame minus the seat tracks that you can have for free. Springs are in great shape. 

1 hour ago, f_armer said:

I have a complete seat,  it needs recovering,  that you can have for free.

But I'm in sask canada 

I appreciate the offers but either one would be quite a haul from southern Pennsylvania. 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JKSHD said:

I am looking for a complete seat and frame for my 53.  I dont really care too much about the covers.  I am in Alabama, a new member to this forum.

If you are looking for parts, please start a post in  the "Classifieds" section.  We are keeping parts requests and trades off the main forum threads.

Thanks!

Please see this thread for info:

http://p15-d24.com/topic/48090-we-have-a-new-classified-ad-system/