TV in a COLD garage?

Grdpa's 50 Dodge

10 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

TV in a garage...…..cd player yes...needs no eyes-on to enjoy.....sorry no experience.....when I did have a TV in a small unheated building out back...it was old school style....building now heat and air...

When I was in high school, I used to skip church on Sundays, make myself a sanich and take my portable B&W t.v out to the barn and turn on the "loan ranger" reruns  while I worked on (took apart) my truck. Reception wasn't the best but it was more for listening. 

Sorry, I don't have a t.v. In the shop now, but thanks for the memory  ?

3 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

t all modern tvs....LED or LCDS have liquid compressed between 2 sheets of material ? and they recommend not below 50 f or above 104 f.

So. . Flat screen TV in the alley might what, explode? What would happen if one would through one into a camp fire, or put a bullet hole through it or drop it from a fair height? 

I'm referring to a 54" flat screen in the alley. We have free electronic devices pickup so it will go this week. Yet can they explode?  

Edited by pflaming

I use a computer and of course monitor in the garage, the thin flat screen monitors would be same as a tv.

I brought my screen in as not in the garage so much right now.

I have stored flat screen monitors in the shed before, and if you bring them in and let them warm up before you turn them on, they are fine.

I also have brought them in and not let them warm up, turn one on and it started to work for about 20 seconds and then it fried.

imho, is fine to leave them in the garage, just do not turn them on if near freezing temps.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:04 PM, Brent B3B said:

When I was in high school, I used to skip church on Sundays, make myself a sanich and take my portable B&W t.v out to the barn and turn on the "loan ranger" reruns  while I worked on (took apart) my truck. Reception wasn't the best but it was more for listening. 

Sorry, I don't have a t.v. In the shop now, but thanks for the memory  ?

You bad boy! 

E72582D9-137B-41F6-964D-6067506666B9.jpeg

I`ve had an off-brand 32in Flat Screen TV in my unheated steel shop/barn for three years now with no ill effects whatsoever. It has been subjected to temps of below zero and over 100 degrees and so far no worries.