52 cranbrook flathead 6

52plymouthcran

Hey all new guy here. Just picked up my 52 Cranbrook that has a flathead 6 3 on the tree. Looking for good wiring diagrams and ways that I can tell if the system was converted to 12 volt or to negative ground. Right now it looks like my negative cable goes to the block and positive cable goes to the starter relay but I have no idea as there is no battery. I did pick up a service manual.

Anyone near olympia we that would be willimg to give me a hand?

Edited by 52plymouthcran

the service manual really has about all you need including the wiring schematics, lubrication chart and frame data...study this real well, any confusing parts ask away....while you may not remember all details, you should be able to recall that you did come across x data when reading the book and be able to jump right to the section

pull the lamps(head and/or tail) check to see what voltage they are. would be a good indicator if it was converted to 12v

Edited by LazyK

Check your coil, if the -ve terminal is going to the distributor/points then your car probably has been running -ve ground setup, does not explain if it is 12 or 6 v though.