off the front deck just now.

casper50

after two weeks of highs running about 70 degrees....last night I fired up the big hydronic heater as the wife stated it was going to get cold.......dropped to 32...…..tonight is supposed to go lower and it is dropping fast might I add....yeah...even I feel the cold tonight, just stepped out on the front porch, stepped right back in....bought what I needed for a big pot of vegetable beef soup tomorrow, instead son called and looks like we going to the Mennonite restaurant tomorrow instead...so will fix soup Saturday

2 hours ago, austinsailor said:

We have 5-9” predicted for tomorrow night. After a couple weeks of 50 to 60’s highs in January, this dose of reality is going to be tough!

We are on the southern edge of that system. Could wake up with 3-6 inches. Could be rain. That's southeast mo weather. 

Ach!  Mere dustings...;)  We've got 3 feet of snow accumulated already, and had 10" more over the last couple of days.  High today will be maybe 11, and not much over 15 the next few days.  Beautiful next three days with clear skies, then back into more snow...but no surprise, that's just what it does up here. 

Gorgeous country up there, Casper50, thanks for sharing your scenery with us!

• 2 weeks later...

We get awesome sunrises as well.  First in the Nation.  From April - October the sun first shines on the U.S. on Mars Hill, about 30 miles north of us, I can see it from the top of the hill behind our house.  The rest of the year, it shines first on Cadillac Mountain in Acadia N.P., a couple hours south of us.  We're in the shadows for sunsets, but there are spectacular cloud formations and colors on occasion.  Mother Nature can be pretty darn awesome, regardless where you live...

Edited by Dan Hiebert

• 2 weeks later...