follow up to dodge 251 runs bad

johnD400

Thanks to all who replied .   I had installed a new set of points from napa .    After replacing with a set from KOI auto parts standard brand  part # AL 4556P,,she runs great.   I had no way of measuring the spring pressure however when I took the new ones out of the box I noticed by feel they had twice the pressure .  now on to the brakes ..

The new points that I put in my coupe when I first started running it were fine at idle but when going down the road they developed point bounce which resulted in lots of untimed firing.  Changed to a different brand and as you said the spring pressure was much greater and she ran fine.

2 hours ago, johnD400 said:

Thanks to all who replied .   I had installed a new set of points from napa .    After replacing with a set from KOI auto parts standard brand  part # AL 4556P,,she runs great.   I had no way of measuring the spring pressure however when I took the new ones out of the box I noticed by feel they had twice the pressure .  now on to the brakes ..

thanks for the feedback....believe it or not folks like to know when and what fixed a problem.....