Me and the B-1-D

Worden18

-Does anyone have a pic of what the rear bumper is supposed to look like?

-Also, I know total truck production for 1948 was 299,900.  How about numbers for this particular truck? Anyone know?

-Engine bay looks typical for 70+ years of age.?

-I'm starting to think the original color was blue, not black.  It's hard to tell.  I can't recall without pulling out my copy of Don Bunn's book, but I thought blue was an option too.  I'll check on that later unless someone can confirm now.  

There's no tag on the firewall; is there supposed to be?

IMG_20190108_115741653~2.jpg

IMG_20190108_115829578~2.jpg

12 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

It has a head bolt heater. Don't see them anymore.

Also, that's an interesting looking coil, and it doesn't look like the coil wire is going into the center post of the cap.

I took off the coil wire off yesterday.?

Not familiar with the head bolt heater.  Interested to learn more about it.  I'll see if my manual covers it.

Wow..

A accessory optioned truck for sure...frest air package too.

Wonder what 3rd member ratio you have. The ratio can be found on a flat rectangular pad located below the filler plug and reinforcement rib on the right side of the truck. Should be stamped either 3.91, 4.30 or 4.89. Most of the time you really have to wire brush the pad to get the stamped numbers to show. At least you will know what the ratio was out of the factory. Nice looking rig. Get it running and on the road. Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dozerman51 said:

Wonder what 3rd member ratio you have. The ratio can be found on a flat rectangular pad located below the filler plug and reinforcement rib on the right side of the truck. Should be stamped either 3.91, 4.30 or 4.89. Most of the time you really have to wire brush the pad to get the stamped numbers to show. At least you will know what the ratio was out of the factory. Nice looking rig. Get it running and on the road. Good luck.

I wondered that as well but had no idea how to find out.  I will check that today.  Thanks for that info. ?

Man!  Awesome!  Mine is a 50, but shares tons in common with yours.  You will love that truck as much as I do mine.  It will also really make u appreciate your Meadowbrook...as I didn't realize how smooth and easy shifting my Meadowbrook was until I drove it after a couple of hours driving in the truck!

• Like 1

According to Bunn & Brownell's Dodge Pickups History and Restoration Guide, there were 31,110 1-tons made in the US for 1948, with 188,294 trucks manufactured that year...

According to Bunn's Dodge B-Series Trucks Restorer's & Collector's Reference Guide and History, your truck appears to be sporting some Dodge Truck Dark Blue... :cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1