1953 Dodge - What have I got into

Copycat lol!

Those look nice on there. They will also help fill up the fender wells. I think they look kinda silly with the stock skinnies.

I dont know what offset you went with, but I had to roll my fender lips to make them fit without rubbing.

1 hour ago, 59bisquik said:

Copycat lol!

Those look nice on there. They will also help fill up the fender wells. I think they look kinda silly with the stock skinnies.

I dont know what offset you went with, but I had to roll my fender lips to make them fit without rubbing.

The back spacing is 4 inches, tires will be slightly lower profile since the rims are 16" rather than 15", I'm hoping I won't have any tire rubbing though. If I do, there will be some rolling going on ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 59bisquik said:

Now to adjust the altitude...

Ha, ha, I'm sure that will be in Tugs future, there's way too much room at the top of the wheel arch. Btw, that motor runs sweet, starts right up, just a tad of throttle, and brum, brum, brum, every time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peteandvanessa said:

Ha, ha, I'm sure that will be in Tugs future, there's way too much room at the top of the wheel arch. Btw, that motor runs sweet, starts right up, just a tad of throttle, and brum, brum, brum, every time.

Glad to hear she is running good!

Pull the second from the bottom leaf spring up front and you should close up some of that gap. The back is just as easy... just takes a couple hours. I would start spraying PB Blaster or similar on the axle u-bolts now!

28 minutes ago, 59bisquik said:

Glad to hear she is running good!

Pull the second from the bottom leaf spring up front and you should close up some of that gap. The back is just as easy... just takes a couple hours. I would start spraying PB Blaster or similar on the axle u-bolts now!

Ha, ha, PB blaster, most of the bolts I've encountered on tug needed a cut off wheel. 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Not posted in a while, I guess I've been too busy working on my truck. Here's a few things I've done over the last few months.

Cut the steel bed out and replaced it to some new wood. Used poplar from Lowe's and stainless strips from the web

Fixed the two side windows with new glass.

Fixed all the gauges and sourced a used speedometer

All the exterior and gauge and blinkers lights working now

Replaced the rear shocks, they were really bad.

Cleaned up the interior and made some temporary seat covers.

See, I've been busy ?

Edited by peteandvanessa
  • Like 1