1953 Dodge - What have I got into

30 minutes ago, peteandvanessa said:

I was hoping too, but I didn't get the gas tank and paperwork in time ?

leave him on the trailer :D

ok now write down all the stuff you have on TUG and people can use it as a base to determine the age old question of curb weight...

3 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

ok now write down all the stuff you have on TUG and people can use it as a base to determine the age old question of curb weight...

That's Tugs Net weight of 2,960 pounds, I'd guess with a full tank, that would add another 110 pounds, so my 1953 Truck with a full tank of gas and nothing else loaded, weighs around 3,070 Pounds.

Just wondering. What did it cost just for the current year plates- not including all the fake add on changes??

My 50 Ply. 4 dr. is just over $100 per year in Ca., and they used to charge extra for trucks based on the weight they could carry to make up for trucks loaded for the extra road damage done to the roads. Do not know what the DMV bases the costs on now but they can pretty much charge what they feel like! JMOO.

Like I said, just wondering. Thanks.

DJ

1 hour ago, DJ194950 said:

Just wondering. What did it cost just for the current year plates- not including all the fake add on changes??

My 50 Ply. 4 dr. is just over $100 per year in Ca., and they used to charge extra for trucks based on the weight they could carry to make up for trucks loaded for the extra road damage done to the roads. Do not know what the DMV bases the costs on now but they can pretty much charge what they feel like! JMOO.

Like I said, just wondering. Thanks.

DJ

For the registration stickers, it was $128

5 minutes ago, peteandvanessa said:

For the registration stickers, it was $128

Not too bad for Ca.

Good for you!

Wonder how that price compares to other states?, but this off topic, so I will just have to wonder on! ?

Best of luck with your project!

DJ

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:28 PM, DJ194950 said:

Not too bad for Ca.

Good for you!

Wonder how that price compares to other states?, but this off topic, so I will just have to wonder on! ?

Best of luck with your project!

DJ

I run a 8000# license on my truck here in WI, cost is $105 annual.  There are 2 weight divisions below mine and they pay less,. I think the lowest is 75.  My old tiltbed was licensed at 28,000 and I think I paid 250 per quarter as a private hauler 10 plus years ago, commercial license was much more.

A bit of metal working this afternoon. Comprising of a tow strap tied to my truck, a car jack, brute Force and a Big F'ing hammer ?. I'm calling it good enough, at least the passenger side headlight will now point in the right direction. Tomorrow's job, fitting the new fuel tank ?

FB_IMG_1554507737791.jpg

FB_IMG_1554507746706.jpg

• Like 1

? It runs but not stop very well! ☺️

I n Ca. they call that Ca. stops, slow just enough to check for cars coming!  At least it was all on just being developed housing division roadways.

In other states they often do the same. Have been out to the very open Nebraska rural area were the 4 way stop  signs you can see the traffic?? for a mile each way. Nobody I ever saw even slowed down for them unless someone was close by and then the only slightly slowed as needed- that including one sheriff's car I saw. ?

DJ