1953 Dodge - What have I got into

The radiator I have is the Champion CC4749. I had to fab mounts for it and remove the down angle on the inlet. IIRC the one they recommend for the B4B has the filler in the center of the top tank (wrong). Runs fine in the summertime here. About $225 on epay. I can have rad hose # if you need.

• Thanks 1

Just to document what folks will need to do in California, to get a title when the title is lost/missing and there's no old registration or record in the DMV system and all you have is a Bill of sale:

The documents you will need are:

1. Bill Of Sale from the seller (REG 135)

2. Statement Of Facts (REG 256)

3. Vin/Serial Number Verification (REG 31)

4. Title Application (REG 343)

5. Non Planned Operation (REG 102)

6. Weight Certificate from a Certified Public Weighmaster

• Like 1

Funny how every state is different, should be some sort of uniformity.

In Washington while at the dmv with the seller, They told him that he could not write a bill of sale because the truck was not in his name either.

And maybe he could write the bill of sale, but was worthless, because was not his to sell ???

• Thanks 1

Been busy today with "Tug". Clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, transmission are all in. Basic wiring done, radiator plumbed in. He starts from the foot starter and ignition switch is working as are the oil and temp gauges. Sweet. Still need to tidy up the top hose (it's too long, but it's all the local store had).

Edited by peteandvanessa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Worden18 said:

Do you plan on painting it, or leave as is?  Motor looks awesome, nice work.

Just going to beat a few of the dents out with a big hammer, pull the front end out with some chains and a come along, the scotch brite the metal work and clear coat it.

The only area I'll do a full cleanup is the cab area, most likely I'll make my own seat covers, I'll have to break out my sewing machine (yes, I really do own a sewing machine) 

Edited by peteandvanessa
  • Like 1

Found an awesome solution to the emergency brake for my 53 1/2 ton emergency brake cable ( you can't buy a new one anywhere). Go to Napa Auto parts and buy a front handbrake cable for a 2005 Ford F150 (about $50). At the barrel crimp end, trim the barrel down a little with a Dremel. Then you can slot it into the hole on the handbrake shaft, you will also notice that the outer sleeve will fit into the retaining area of the handbrake in the engine compartment perfectly. Then on either side of the retaining area, take you Dremel and cut a shallow slot. That will allow you to use the original retaining clip. On the other end of the handbrake cable, just buy some u shaped cable clamps (I haven't finished that part yet but it's easy). And voila a brand new heavy duty emergency handbrake cable....sweet ?

IMG_20190317_151508.jpg

• Like 1

I'll have to get some pics, but the other end of the cable fits perfectly in the factory support bracket that's mounted on the flywheel inspection cover. All you have to do at that end is to cut of the factory adjuster from the old hand brake cable, leaving about 4 inches, then use a cable clamp to fasten the new cable to the original factory adjuster. Sweet solution (and a bit of luck I guess) ?

Looks good, sounds good.

Add a cheap muffler wired on and after dark take your load in the bed down to the vacant lot  on the street at the end of your road and unload,

that is one of the things pickups are made for!  ?

Please, just kidding, Ca. frowns big time on that as do your neighbors!

DJ

• Haha 2

Tug has a big day tomorrow, he's going on a flatbed trailer to get weighed. So to make sure he looks good, I drove him out of the garage for a good wash.

I used my pressure washer to start to remove some of the primer and get back to some of the original paint.

I kinda like the look.

Once I have the weight certificate I'll be off to the DMV to finalize his paperwork to get a new title issued.

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

wash3.jpg

wash4.jpg

• Like 3

Tug is loaded on to the trailer for a weight check in the morning. Then I can finalize the DMV paperwork and get a new title issued. He did me proud and drove up the ramps and onto the trailer under his own power, good boy Tug.

FB_IMG_1554070297425.jpg

FB_IMG_1554070305181.jpg

Edited by peteandvanessa
  • Like 5