real convertible or roofless two door?

fede

Hello everybody,

My father took this picture a couple months ago, and I can't really tell if it's a real convertible or a two door car with the roof cut at some time... 

Is there any sure way to tell?  Not only from the photo, but in person (I might go to check it out)

Convertibles weren't common here at that time, don't think there is any one restored or in good condition.

DSCN9043.JPG

The ass end of the convertible was made from business coupe sheet metal. The doors in the image are correct for the car. 

Tell us more, a couple of us convertible

owners have started a registry on Facebook for these cars. Interested to have the current/future owner participate there, no matter the intention for renovation or not.

• Like 1

in my opinion there are not enough pictures of areas such as the cowl, the  curvature of the body opening, no close up of the top mechanism...no dash pic, no vent window frames shown..while the windshield frame looks correct...I stop any judgement from there without further documentation/pics

My bet, the original post would have had more pics if he wasn’t trespassing to get them.  Base your call on what you see, I base mine on the one that’s in my garage.

Mark, I agree by this single pic it has the markings of being real...but I would not make that call without some further inspection of known features first....UNLESS you happen to have had a hand in this exiting the country...???  inquiring mind don't need to know but often ask...

Does that car have the rare rear shock rock guards??

9 hours ago, Mark D said:

My bet, the original post would have had more pics if he wasn’t trespassing to get them.  Base your call on what you see, I base mine on the one that’s in my garage.

This is the case. When my father was there nobody seem to be there, and that meant that other photos or angles were not possible.

I will try to go again (it's not close to where I live) and be back with more info sometime soon

thanks everyone!