Just saw total disregard for other's property

hkestes41

9 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

My first MoPaRs in the park I came back to FEF with this kids standing on my running board rubbing/twisting his feet around on it while mom snapped pictures....I about backhanded the lady.  Lady just looks at like me like I was crazy to be upset about her little boy standing on my truck. 

Second item was someone switched around my dizzy wires at a show...WTH would you do that?

the husband of the lady you wanted to back hand for letting her kid do the twist on your running boards...and yes it is not always kids and unknowing moms....seem men do similar, men would have flipped if you breathed on their entry to the show....I guess this is why I no longer go to shows....that and the fact that while at the last show I attended while getting my 1st place trophy for the class....while I cannot prove it, the competition, guy who assured me he was the better entry, broke my outside driver mirror...at least I will always believe it as he..!  Last time my car was ever at a show...that was 2003

41 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

My first MoPaRs in the park I came back to FEF with this kids standing on my running board rubbing/twisting his feet around on it while mom snapped pictures....I about backhanded the lady.  Lady just looks at like me like I was crazy to be upset about her little boy standing on my truck. 

Second item was someone switched around my dizzy wires at a show...WTH would you do that?

Some jealous petty little creature.

Was at a cruise and a parent allowed a kid to look inside w/a soda drink in his hand. Naturally, he spilled it all over the seat. Scheeesh. Wasn't my car, but, still...... So, now, I try to avoid general public type car shows, and at a cruise, like the local Cars & Coffee, I tend to stick relatively close to what I brought. 

3 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I remember a slow moving vehicle sign put on your truck.  Who would do that???

• Haha 1

All that has been so far makes me wonder where the hell would I park my '47 Desoto that somebody might not be tempted to "key" the paint out of jealousy?  When the car's finished it'll be a daily driver, but I guess unless I want to keep it parked till I die, I'll just have to take the chance.

Two years ago my granddaughters 1924 Custer left a show with handprints on the hood, lights, fenders and steering wheel. It started when a mother and daughter stopped and the mother gave a questioning look.  I just nodded. I felt good as she led her blind daughter away.

IMG_0480.JPG

1 hour ago, old gold said:

Two years ago my granddaughters 1924 Custer left a show with handprints on the hood, lights, fenders and steering wheel. It started when a mother and daughter stopped and the mother gave a questioning look.  I just nodded. I felt good as she led her blind daughter away.

IMG_0480.JPG

The difference being of course, asking permission. I most likely would let almost anyone touch or even sit in my car as long as they asked first.

9 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

The difference being of course, asking permission. I most likely would let almost anyone touch or even sit in my car as long as they asked first.

Yup, I've  allowed folks to sit in my car for pix, after they've asked permission. For my '58 Corvette, I remember a couple of women, mother & daughter I believe, who were actually thrilled to sit in it and take pix of each other. That was fun. :)

I take our cars to shows for my enjoyment, and the enjoyment of whoever else likes my car, old cars, car shows, etc.  If I know it's a family show with no obvious rules for the spectators, I expect to have hand prints on the car and little face prints on the windows.  I always expect folks to ask permission to open anything, around here that's not an issue, but I've been places where it is.  I've been to shows where the club will let you know you're on your own because they know they can't police the crowd and know folks in that area are generally rude (you may be surprised where that isn't), I've been to ones where they publish and post spectator behavior rules, and actually ask people to leave, and everything in between as well.  When we went to the POC meet in Port Huron, MI several years ago, the owners of a pristine '35 Plymouth practically pleaded to let our Grandkids sit in their car for pictures...awesome (helps if you have incredibly cute grandkids, too).  But I've also seen folks have a cow if you even breathed on their car.  I don't have an answer, I just manage my expectations depending on where I happen to be.