*IN SEARCH OF* Master cylinder for my 1940 Chrysler Traveler

FrankM

Hello, I'm in the search for Brake Master Cylinder for my 1940 chrysler Traveler with a straight 8 cylinder. The original master cylinder was missing when I bought the car but looks like the original one bolts to the lower floor board with 3 studs. All the master cylinders I've found are mounting on the bottom of the MC. If anyone has any input on upgrades MC or an original. Thank you all. 

This is rich Hartung, I have several Brake catalogs but cannot find any listing for a 1940 Traveler. Do you have a parts book that might have the mopar number and then I might be able to find some info for you.  Aslso is therer model nuber like c26 c27 associated with the car.

According to one of my other books the mopar part number is 856347  and the traveler is model c26 which is also  for a Saratoga and New Yorker 8 cylinder  this was tken out of Flat rate motor age book.  I can not find any lisiting to provide me with either an EIS or Wagner Master Cylinder number but maybe the above info might help you find one.  Keep us posted on your search efforts.

send the info to my email at Desoto1939@aol.com

Just did a search and found Atlas Obsolete they list a Master Cylinder for 1940 C26 as their part number  callthem at 951-461-9005   atlaschrys@aol.com They are on the west coast.  Hope this even helps more.

live near Philadelphia pa cell 484-431-8157

Edited by desoto1939