1933 dodge 230ci flathead trans swap help needed

sactownog

Hey guys, 

I have a 1933 Dodge DP 6 sedan 230 flat head is out of a 1953 Dodge. I want to swap the 3 SPEED transmission with a T-5 S-10  4-5 SPEED MANUAL transmission so I have better gearing. 

I plan on using Vintage Metal Works adapter http://vintagemetalworks.blogspot.com/2014/04/new-product-dodge-218230-passenger-car.html?m=1

but am having trouble sourcing an 82 - 87 T-5 S10 MANUAL Transmission with mechanical speed. 

AND have never done a transmission swap of this magnitude however I am pretty well versed mechanically and think I can do it, I would like some pointers and help in these areas. 

are you willing to throw a guy a bone here and help a brotha out? 

picture is my 33 dodge. 

20180503_181148.jpg

Edited by sactownog

Call any transmission shop and ask the if those years still have a easily removable speedo sensor ( pulse)  that can just have a older style mechanical output installed.?

Those years of automatics could have that easily exchanged.

Just a thought!

DJ

17 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

Call any transmission shop and ask the if those years still have a easily removable speedo sensor ( pulse)  that can just have a older style mechanical output installed.?

Those years of automatics could have that easily exchanged.

Just a thought!

DJ

I should have specified I am looking for a MANUAL transmission, I would not mind going automatic, however I do think Manual would be better to stay stock looking with the upgraded trany. 

The suggestion was check if the t-5 manuals trans could possible be changed the same way, was not only talking auto trans.

DJ

10 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

The suggestion was check if the t-5 manuals trans could possible be changed the same way, was not only talking auto trans.

DJ

oh for sure I will be calling around to some transmission shops. 

52 minutes ago, sactownog said:

I'll suggest that you buy 2-3 extra clutch disc if you proceed with the adapter purchase...something that special may be difficult to source later...

....and I'll also suggest taking a hard look at Robert Horne's trans swap