online parts manual?

jcmiller

A fellow on this forum used to host an online parts manual at http://chetscoins.com/1948p15/DocumentWeb/  I tried to use it today and the website no longer seems to exist.  Is the parts manual available at another URL?  I am looking for the part number for the glove box door for 1942 and 1946-48.  Thank you.

Makes me glad that I printed and bound a copy of all those PDFs a number of years ago. Alas, I did not keep copies of the PDF files themselves so I can't make them available to you. Chet is, or at least was until very recently, relatively active on posting progress on the restoration of his four cylinder Plymouth with posts on the (almost morbid) forum at https://www.plymouthowners.club/talk/index.php so you might be able to contact him for access to the files.

In the meantime I assume you are asking about part type code 23-06-10 "Glove Box DOOR Ass'y". Looks like the P14 used part 998979. The P15 (except Conv. Cpe.) used 1152459, the P15 Conv. Cpe. used part 1152325.

I suspect that you are wondering if the parts are interchangeable. I don't think the parts book will tell you that as any difference in trim or finish will result in a different part number even if the physical size, shape, hinge, latch mechanism, etc. are all the same. For that information you will probably have to rely on information from people who've looked closely at both.

Was it a manual someone created more recently, or an original MoPar parts list?  I have a PDF copy of an original one called 1939 thru 1948 and Early 1949 Plymouth Condensed Master Parts List. Also have one called Illustrated Parts Catalog - Mitchel Motor Parts, 1933 - 1954 All Chrysler. (Both are PDF files.)

I believe it was the first pdf that you have.  Attached is a page from what he used to have on his website.  If that pdf is not too large, I would love for you to email me a copy at jjmiller2005 at comcast dot net.  With your permission, I would post it here: http://www.pwchryslerclub.org/resources.html  Thanks!

Thanks Tod.  Yes, I am trying to figure out if this door works on all those models.  I think it came off a 1946.  I bought it for a piece of the trim but ended up not using it.  

General_Info.pdf

20181215_114855r.jpg

10 hours ago, jcmiller said:

I believe it was the first pdf that you have.  Attached is a page from what he used to have on his website.  If that pdf is not too large, I would love for you to email me a copy at jjmiller2005 at comcast dot net.  With your permission, I would post it here: http://www.pwchryslerclub.org/resources.html  Thanks!

Thanks Tod.  Yes, I am trying to figure out if this door works on all those models.  I think it came off a 1946.  I bought it for a piece of the trim but ended up not using it.  

General_Info.pdf

20181215_114855r.jpg

If this is the correct one, the original source had each page as a separate PDF download.  I still have the originals, but I combined them all into a single file, and created bookmarks in the PDF file.  It is a bit over 65 MB in size - will try to send it to you as an attachment in an email message.

I attempted to sent the whole file as an attachment, but a message pops up saying that the file is too large.  Will need to find another way to get it to you.  Is there a way a member here can upload stuff to this site?

Edited by Eneto-55
add note

When I have a file that's too large to email I've had good luck using We Transfer. It's a web site that allows you to transfer larger files for free, up to 2 GB.

Go to https://wetransfer.com/ and select the "Free" option. Upload your file and enter the email address to where you wish to send it. You can also add a message to your recipient.

I usually also send an email directly to the person to let them know that when they see an email from We Transfer that it is not spam, and it is indeed safe, and it will contain a download link to the file I am sending to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

When I have a file that's too large to email I've had good luck using We Transfer. It's a web site that allows you to transfer larger files for free, up to 2 GB.

Go to https://wetransfer.com/ and select the "Free" option. Upload your file and enter the email address to where you wish to send it. You can also add a message to your recipient.

I usually also send an email directly to the person to let them know that when they see an email from We Transfer that it is not spam, and it is indeed safe, and it will contain a download link to the file I am sending to them.

Thanks, Merle.  Is this book still under any kind of copyright, or is it now in the public domain?  (I suppose I should have verified that before I downloaded it to start with, but this time it would be me putting it out there, not the original guy.)

That site has the following statement:

By using our Services you guarantee that you have, for each file (including wallpapers), all required permissions, including from copyright and other intellectual property rights holders, to distribute, transfer, store and/or make available online as part of our Services.

Edited by Eneto-55

I don't have an answer for that. Using We Transfer doesn't make it available for everyone on the internet. It just makes it available to download by anyone that has the link. The link will expire, and the file will be deleted, after 7 days. It's not like you are publishing it for the general population.

14 hours ago, Eneto-55 said:

Was it a manual someone created more recently, or an original MoPar parts list?  I have a PDF copy of an original one called 1939 thru 1948 and Early 1949 Plymouth Condensed Master Parts List. Also have one called Illustrated Parts Catalog - Mitchel Motor Parts, 1933 - 1954 All Chrysler. (Both are PDF files.)

The one Chet had on his website was the 1936-48 Plymouth Master Parts book published by Chrysler. Each section was a separate PDF.

I don't know if I didn't bother downloading or if Chet did not have it on the site, but the front cover and intro pages on my copy are missing and that is where any copyright information would have been located. So I can't tell you what the copyright status is.

I think this is the first section as he had it.  I don't see any copyright info there.  (See attached file.  I downloaded each separate file back in 2010, and then combined them all into a single file.  There were over 400 separate files.  The first parts are, as you said, in sections.  After that, each page is a separate file.)  

I have sent pages 332, 441, & 442 to JC Miller in an email message.  I also sent a message to the site admin, to see if there is a way to get my modified version to him, if there is interest in hosting it here.

Edited:  My copy also does not have the front cover.  The attached file contains the part I have at the front of mine.  (The file name is as he had it - I did not change any of the file names.)

General_Info.pdf

Edited by Eneto-55

3 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

I don't have an answer for that. Using We Transfer doesn't make it available for everyone on the internet. It just makes it available to download by anyone that has the link. The link will expire, and the file will be deleted, after 7 days. It's not like you are publishing it for the general population.

That is helpful.  Thanks.  I'll wait & see if what I sent already is what he needs, and if there is interest in hosting the complete manual here.