Happy New Years...

Plymouthy Adams

to all our folks here, enjoy, be safe....if you partake of the holiday 'spirits' please have a designated driver...…..

I am staying at  home...….I just started my progressive cook which is the Low Country Boil......that, some sparkling grape juice at midnight and ringing in the new year with my tubular bells and I will be good to go...

• Like 1

PA,

do use use in your "Low Country Boil"- squirrel, possum, armadillo, rat, snake, or a combo depending on season, after all you a "country Boy" right ?? Forgot crawdads! ?

Watching the balls drop at midnight on TV with your sparkling grape?

Happy new year to all and please be safe!!

DJ

don't let the state in which I live confuse you on my culinary skills...even crawdads are worthless and should never be consider in any means seafood as they do not come from the ocean...they sewer crawlers at best.....I will let the rest of the world fight over them....

as for possum, squirrel, armadillo, most all deer, dogs, cats, hogs frogs and snakes....I feel these are found on the road dead for a reason...to feed the buzzards.....you mess with my frogs, toads, lizards, birds and turtles and yes most snakes at my house...we gonna fight....I will never run over a copperhead, cottonmouth or rattler on the highway...they are not in my yard, they are not a threat to me or anyone else for that matter.......

and on an upbeat side.....the meal was delicious.....plenty of food left over.....I cannot believe I had half the crab legs left for later.....sitting back...cup of coffee, waiting for the midnight hour....

• Haha 1

I had a few cocktails at a friends and won about $4 playing poker. That may not seem like much but we only play for pennies so that's quite the night!

Today was interesting...the night before they got two cars stuck in the yard at my neighbors house.  We are in saturation as far as rainfall goes.....the one asked me to pull him out.....I declined saying there would be no way I could get traction even if I had four wheel drive.  Today, I listened to a lot of engine revving....tires spinning....etc etc...look across the street we now have three four wheel drive trucks buried to their axle and they backing a jeep in for number four.....the jeep got the last truck out and they together was able to get the other truck out leaving one buried.  Well, 30 minutes later and that truck is again buried to the axles in the yard trying again to get the other truck out.  At last a tow truck shows up...using a winch and block was able to pull both trucks out as the same time as they were not able to disconnect the taunt line between them.  The one black truck decided to turn around and leave when he again gets stuck...what are they smoking I ask....always fun to be had in Elko...….this New Years day was no exception.   I wonder how long them ruts will be seen?  

• Haha 1

Happy New Year to everyone!  Started the year off right by moving the 12" of fresh snow we got this morning.  We actually stayed up past midnight New Year's Eve for the first time in probably 15 years or so, and this morning I remembered why I don't like staying up late very much any more.  I hope everyone has a good 2019! 

14 hours ago, Dodgeed said:

Happy New Year to all. Did anyone else go to bed at their regular time like we did at my house?  ?

We did....went to bed at our regular time, got up and drove to the coast. Traffic was lite and the company of my bride was awesome. Even caught a glimpse of sunset colors bounce back at us from our local hill on the way home

IMG_1049.JPG.cd8731447888bdb2fbd1ee22880e120a.JPG

What a way to bring in the new year for me!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 6:50 AM, Dodgeed said:

Happy New Year to all. Did anyone else go to bed at their regular time like we did at my house? I'm so "over" going out on New Year's Eve; just not entertaining to me like it once was, "back in the day". LOL ?

I think I was in bed around 9:30. My wife stayed up, as she wasn't tired and was working on a crochet project. She came to bed shortly after midnight. I woke up when she crawled into bed and said "Happy New Year", then I fell asleep again. It's just another night for me. I don't care about the celebrations.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HotRodTractor said:

Happy New Year! (A day or so late)

I missed some of my goals for 2018 - so now they are for 2019!

hey, we do/ did the same thing on the drive home..... went over our goals from last year, brought the ones that slipped away from us to the top and added a couple more :)   

• Like 1