Introduction from Australia

TravAirflow

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I have posted, about to get stuck into a few more jobs on this in coming weeks main things will be to source a dash to match the cluster and find the trim that is on the cowl. Bodywork wise I am removing the filler that was previously fabricated into the top of the rear 1/4 and finding a better fuel tank solution than the one fitted inside the trunk. The rear guards also need some final touches along with the trunk lid prior to paint.

All new glass is on it's way and in coming weeks I hope to tick a lot more off the list.

I didn't realise that the fuel filler was up high on the turtledeck with the tank in the trunk..........I've never been real keen on that idea with usually the battery living there as well.........I mean , well, I've got the Dodge battery in the trunk but its inside a steel box welded into the drivers  side inner guard, see pic......it has a proper vent that is vented to the outside of the rear of the inner drivers fender......... and the fuel tank is the original tank still under floor......... I suppose you are leaving those tunneled headlights, I don't mind the stock 40/41 mopar headlight surrounds as they are distinctive, but I suppose if you haven't got them then they maybe difficult to get a decent stock set.............do you have a close up pic of what the side moldings look like as I do have plenty of spare 1940 Oz Dodge and a few spare 1941 Oz Plymouth and might have something that will work...........regards, andyd

P1000810 (800x600).jpg

Thanks Andy, I will get a photo or two and post them up here of the mouldings I have.

There a lot of original items the car is missing sadly.

6C1E091B-25CC-4BC5-8D4B-C56861C3F615.jpeg

D7842ADE-05E9-494E-89F5-8F148EB46ECB.jpeg

Edited by TravAirflow
Photos added

Trav..........apologies for the delay in getting back.........I checked the various moldings I have and I have a piece of chrome/stainless molding that is I think from a 1940 Plymouth tho' am not 100% certain......but its 18mm or 3/4" in width, 46 inches long.........it doesn't have the one or two horizontal pressings that your moldings appear to have, it is just a sort of half round shape......but it maybe able to be used to make the correct shape or get by until the right piece is found..............it may have come from the hood but I can't recall, the piece has some warping and is really not much good except there is more than enough that is straight and undamaged to use to make a piece for the cowl...........its yours if you want it, just send your address and I'll send it down......or call me on 02 66 425963 or email scaleautomobilia@hotkey.net.au ......regards, Andy Douglas    

Yeh, I noticed that car on ebay as well, it appears that the pair of rear view mirrors that that maroon Windsor convert uses are either a generic set for that car and other 1940 Mopars or if the specific set for the 1940 Windsor they just have a thinner in profile shape to the base although the length appears correct.........theres also a 1940 Windsor Coupe on ebay but it has no close up pics...........I'll get the molding in Mondays mail....................andyd 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And here we have the original small tank mounted behind the rear seat prior to removal. We then cut out the fabricated floor (seemed a shame!) then made a new section at the striker end and the final shot is trial fitting the new drop in alloy tank I had made. Hopefully we will have new filler sorted out and the tank finished later this week. The last few weeks have seen pretty good progress at last.

20190406_170321copy.jpg

20190713_161631copy.jpg

20190808_180600copy.jpg

20190817_143045copy.jpg