Dodge Ram?

frankendodge

The hood ornimant on the hood of the piolit house trucks is a ram correct? That's what it looks like to me anyway I may be wrong. if I am right,has anyone added any modern emblems or stickers to their truck? I myself like the ram on the bighorn dodges.  just cant figure out where to put it where it would look best.i don't mean to offend anyone I know some folks are diehard truck people and want original only. I was curious what folks had added to their trucks.

2 hours ago, frankendodge said:

The hood ornimant on the hood of the piolit house trucks is a ram correct? That's what it looks like to me anyway I may be wrong. if I am right,has anyone added any modern emblems or stickers to their truck? I myself like the ram on the bighorn dodges.  just cant figure out where to put it where it would look best.i don't mean to offend anyone I know some folks are diehard truck people and want original only. I was curious what folks had added to their trucks.

?

1_Old_Yeller_1.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, frankendodge said:

that's a good looking one frank I was also looking at the one on the tailgates of the new dodges.just cant picture how to locate it on my truck. iwas hoping someone else had done this or something like it

why a follower be?  go out and create something, you will either be cussed or copied....either way....you did something.....

• Like 1

I put a 51 style ram on my 54. Mostly because I like it but also because the stock style circlular badge costs an arm and a leg if you can even find one.

I think the new style badges look wrong on the old trucks. The chromed plastic just doesn’t look like it belongs. I am doing a ton of messed up stuff to my truck though- have fun 

072365A1-F7A0-43B6-8E97-2C6A300960E2.jpeg

Edited by Radarsonwheels
Add pic

2 hours ago, 59bisquik said:

I took all of these badges off my 3500 and only left the Cummins badges. I didn't realize people would want them. I threw them away. 

If I were to use one of these badges it would be red version as our old trucks and cars had a lot of red accents painted on the brightwork no matter what the color of the truck was.

f177e330ee403c9e946f60544ec8d0c4--truck-

s-l1600.jpg

The red looks a little better but that big horn still looks off for a vintage look. 

I have had some pretty dumb stuff added to cars I drove though! I had cursive badges that read ‘anger’ on my 54 dodge for a while. They were ‘70s ford Ranger badges with the Rs removed.

I also had a ‘78 thunderbird cruiser with a karate man for a hood ornament. It was definitely a conversation starter people loved it and it is hard to devalue a 78 thunderbird!

5136C6AD-038B-4266-96BE-E1BD72B7191D.jpeg

I thought the anger badges were cool but the last time my buddy owned our truck he took them off immediately- it’s a slippery slope- first silly badges then a mexican blanket seat cover, next thing you know you got a chevy engine and you’re welding circular saw blades to everything and airbrushing skulls under your fake patina...

902628E6-0521-4C6C-AB9F-1598B31AE932.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Radarsonwheels said:

The red looks a little better but that big horn still looks off for a vintage look. 

I have had some pretty dumb stuff added to cars I drove though! I had cursive badges that read ‘anger’ on my 54 dodge for a while. They were ‘70s ford Ranger badges with the Rs removed.

I also had a ‘78 thunderbird cruiser with a karate man for a hood ornament. It was definitely a conversation starter people loved it and it is hard to devalue a 78 thunderbird!

5136C6AD-038B-4266-96BE-E1BD72B7191D.jpeg

A guy a couple years ahead of me in architectural school had a '65 Barracuda with the top of a swimming trophy (he was on the swim team) as a hood ornament - the driver's door wouldn't open so he took out the passenger side bucket to make it easier to get behind the wheel.  Orange Rustolium paint job, too, complete with blue lightning bolts on the sides....five years of design school......

I debadge my new cars immediately. I especially enjoy pulling off the dealer installed badge/ad while still in the lot. I would rather drive with foam tape residue stuck on my new trunk lid than advertise for someone whom I paid and not vice versa. The photo is a remnant of my 66 Dart GT badging / advertising, now adorning my drafting table.

IMG_8360.jpg

• Like 1

hey RNR1957, When and "where you get ejikated?" I'm a Kansas State Arch. grad, 1979. If I were installing a decorative ram badge to my truck, I would have it adorn my firewall or perhaps the interior's side kick plates or the seat apron. Maybe create a license plate topper with it.

Kendall I think the figurine under the DR is looking around to see where she left her pants!  I have seen some badges applied to valve covers and other details in ways where they look right like they belong there. If I remember correctly there is a dakota swap and also another truck for sale at a dealer on youtube that put some modern touches. The badges don’t do it for me but the dakota rear bumper is close to looking ok. 

But like I said what do I know? Here’s a funny one- on that same 78 thunderbird with the karate man on the hood I lost one of the giant rectangular tail light lenses leaving three large concave squares with naked 1157 bulbs. I eventually glued in scarlet plexi with fluorescent drop ceiling diffuser behind it- looked almost stock. Before I got that plan together I still needed to get to work so I duct taped three red solo cups over the bulbs! Totally rediculous but from a couple blocks away it looked like ‘59 caddy lights hahaha

13 hours ago, kendall said:

hey RNR1957, When and "where you get ejikated?" I'm a Kansas State Arch. grad, 1979. If I were installing a decorative ram badge to my truck, I would have it adorn my firewall or perhaps the interior's side kick plates or the seat apron. Maybe create a license plate topper with it.

Kendall - I'm a Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute grad; B Arch '77. 

As my dad used to say about engineering school graduates:  "Four years ago I couldn't spell "engineer", and today I are one!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, squirebill said:

I like to point out to the young bucks with their newer Dodge Rams that their trucks have some of the same design elements as my '49 B1B....high hood, low fenders....radiused  wheel wells with fender flares.  What was old is new again.

a truck is a truck.....lol...….when we left the 30's  we left art deco behind and entered pretty much a functional utilitarian design......I think the last truck with a bit of real shape and flare was the International K1 series...the brite trim they put on in later years to the end of the K in 49 was a detraction in my eyes.....

I remember vaguely searching for some red translucent tail-light lens replacement to legalize a beater. The rubber-banded cellophane from the ends of a bunch of bananas worked for me. Here is a period correct badge/topper mounted on my firewall. Another pair found their home on some preexisting holes in my radiator brackets. None are stamped 'Ram' but better define 'Me'.   Radarwheel's egg-crate addition to his red lens turns improv to an art form, 5 stars! As I imagine it, a 1/2" grid would project thru. the plex.

IMG_8392.jpg

IMG_8396.jpg

• Like 2