This could save an ER visit and costs.

casper50

2 hours ago, casper50 said:

A handy but expensive for what you get item.  Better than a doctor or ER bill I guess.   https://zipstitch.us/?fbclid=IwAR0fcWYNGcIVIVF19iAEZpihPkRJmSBtl-Oz8Q72-88ygBELVIcUbhDJfEA

This appears to be a very good product to have on hand in the event of an emergency to treat a bleeding wound...Speaking for myself, I might suggest adding to  the kit a "small" vial of  "Everclear, for prepping the wound ,to be applied externally of course.. wink, wink ,nudge, nudge LOL   

• Haha 1

When I get any cut in the shop, I first clean It with what I available, them iodine, then a good bandaid. A clean cut with iodine will heal in two or three days if the cut is pressed and held shut. I like this band aide, will get a package. Tks

Of course we cannot get the supplies here in the States, but we sewed up more than one cut when we were missionaries in Brazil.  (It was a remote area, and if we didn't do it, it didn't get done.)  The first stitching we did was on a dog that had been gored by a wild pig (actually a peccary).  There was a hole clear into the body cavity, and the dog was trembling, possibly in shock.  We figured no way will this dog survive no matter what we do, but their dogs are very important to them, so we sewed him up, and it actually lived.  Another time a young man had wacked himself on the knee with a machete, and a blood vessel was pushed out through the wound.  We sure didn't want to poke it with the needle, or get it tied up in the stitches, but after pushing it back in, it would pop back out every time we started to stitch.  Finally got it to stay long enough to close the wound.  We had no medical training, by the way.  We mostly used a medical manual that had been prepared by the mission organization, and a book called "Where There is No Doctor".  But on smaller cuts we made the butterfly bandages with the white medical tape.

• Thanks 1