Australian 1949 P18 Build

49 Special Deluxe

15 hours ago, 49 Special Deluxe said:

I went out to my shed, next thing I know my 49 Plymouth fell apart.

you not fooling any of us...we all know that only Chebbies just fall apart.....

you've been caught red-handed at some WRENCHING  

I go out in the shop and most of my cars just snarl and growl at me...…...other things get my time more and more these days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just some observations .  I notice that the engine is the 25 inch (measured along the head ) and is newer than '49. ( there is a bolt hole on the pan rail both sides which is used for a brace for the Powerflite which did not appear until 54.)     Your engine has a rebuilder's tag near the fuel pump.  The pump is like the one used on trucks of that era.

It must be awfully tight at the rear with the exhaust ,  pedals  throttle and  steering all so close together !  I worked on a Kiwi '38 and as I recall the exhaust was a little further forward.  

If you order gaskets and seals for the 251 engine,  you will avoid any  confusion  with the USA 217 ...... 251s use the same gaskets and front seal as the 3 3/8 bore engine originally found in your car. The rear seal may be different. As for the clutch, it looks like the larger of the two offered and does not appear to be badly worn.

Jim Robinson seems to be O/k to deal with , have bought various things from him over the yrs with no problems................andyd