51 B-3 2 ton brake cylinders

RedHot71

82821995 appears to be a J series 1951-52 truck as best as I can see in the parts book.

What's the engine # stamped on the block pad above the generator and right below the head..?

Looks like it has...

Re- issued numbered title probably too 

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

I would think the p/n's that I provided in an earlier post would be correct then.  I wasn't sure if your's was a H or J series.  Mine is a JA (2 speed rear) but I would imagine everything else in the axle housing except for maybe the axle shafts themselves would be the same.  FYI-my overhauled brakes with the original vacuum booster are WAY more brakes than are needed for the truck's current mission.  They're much more effective than those on my B2D 1 ton.    Mike

• Like 1

That sounds right.  Mine has the 2 speed rear end & is JA as well.  I'll check those part #'s out.  Thanks.  Sent wheel cylinders to White Post Restorations in Va. yesterday.  Part #'s did not compute to anyone here in Jacksonville, N.C.  Can't wait to get this thing back to work!  While waiting on cylinders, I have begun a basic tune-up.  The throttle linkage seems to be hanging up until I hit the gas pedal again hard.  Anyone had an issue w/any part of their throttle linkage?  Just started happening. 

There is a return spring that goes back to an eye of a cotter key poking through the passenger side floor toe pan.  Check the tension on that spring it may need to be replaced.   Other possible problem areas could be the ball pivots on the bottom of the gas pedal, and the ball mount on the rod that comes through the firewall to the pedal.   Clean and lube them as well and look for an obstruction or something rubbing where the rod goes through the firewall to make sure it isn't rubbing on something.   My 2 ton does the same thing because it doesn't get driven that much so the spring ritual is to lube the pivots.  

Thanks, That has been bugging me.  Took the pedal completely off & that didn't help.  The rod going thru the hole in the firewall seems awful sloppy.  I will clean & check all pivot points & look for something binding.  Just noticed that the battery cable leading to the starter has been taped up.  Could be the culprit.  Will get someone to operate it while I investigate.

28 minutes ago, RedHot71 said:

Anyone out there had to replace their gas pedal before?  Cheapest I can find for replacement is $49.95.  Part #451964.

I bought one from https://www.robertsmotorparts.com/gas-pedal-dodge-truck-plymouth-truck-fargo-truck-1933-1953-chrysler-dodge-desoto-plymouth-1928-1936-1

i am happy with for my B4D

remember, photos are always nice when trying to answer trouble shooting questions   

(worked on the cylinder mystery  ?)

• Like 1