Test with Photo

40phil41

• 11 years later...

All I see is a cat sticking his tongue out saying, "Photo not found."  If you save the photos you want to attach as a JPEG and then select "choose files..." (in red to the right of the paper clip), you will get a window with a list of files.  Go to where you saved the photos, select the ones you want and attach.  They should show up at the bottom of the page before you submit reply. I posed some images of you it is done on a Mac.  If you have a PC, it should be a similar process, but it may look a little different.  If you see a photo of the back of our '48, it works... 

Can't wait to see your car!

Forum Photo Attach 1.jpg

Forum Photo Attache 2.jpg

Forum Modified 2.jpg

• Like 1

An 11year old thread.  Likely the photos were uploaded sucessfully, but have since been lost during subsequent forum migrations.  

Follow the instructions by fhubler, that way the images are hosted on the p15-d24 server. The ones in your test post are at photobucket and they don't allow external display unless you have the more expensive hosting package. 

I use Google Photos. It works well and is part of my Gmail account. I upload a photo. Then when I see it on line, I right click it and "copy image address".

Then use it's web address when I click on "Insert Other Media" grey box in bottom of this message box. Then choose "Insert Image from ULR". Right click, paste in the address of your image and then click insert into post. Works great!

2 hours ago, John Reddie said:

Hey,

I've never used this form of photo posting on here but I am trying a test photo. It should work per the instructions here. Thanks,

John R

It worked, John.  That's a beautiful car!  I'm new to these old Modars - what is that amber color reflected in your headlights?

This car belongs to a guy who works at a near-by auto repair shop. It has 34,000 original miles on it and is in very nice original condition. The previous was driving it and a piece of one of the pistons broke off where the rings are. I believe that the engine is apart at present and going to be repaired along with the fuel system and the brakes. The car has plastic yellow pieces that fit over part of the headlights. I have never these on a car before.

John R

I think those plastic things are an old time Custom accessory, I've seen chrome plated or stainless metal ones and also pics of different coloured ones also...........andyd