fuel tank sending unit

garyp

Just bought a new sending unit from Rock city not nos but he said it would be the right one. I put the new sender in and it only has 1 terminal from the sender my old one had 2 plus it has a ground terminal should I put the 2 wires on the 1 post and run a new wire to the ground not sure what to do please any help would be appreciated.

You got the wrong sending unit for your car. The two wire system is quite different from the single wire system and you can't make the sender for one work on the other. Not sure of the current suppliers for the correct one but maybe someone else will chime in.

Gary you need to 2 wire sender just like inmy 39 desoto.  Contact the seller and ask for the correct tank unit or if he does not have the correct unit then ask for the refund for the part and shipping because he sold you the incorrect part.

When are you going to stop down at my home?

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Edited by desoto1939

Gary,

Before you ordered your sender, did you look to see whether you had a one or two wire sender on your gas tank?

I only ask, because some (nice intended, I'm sure, young salesperson) wouldn't necessarily know what one you needed

if you hit him over the head with one. I am always having to keep younger auto sales persons on their toes because

they have no idea what parts actually fit on our old cars. Have you the situation sorted yet? 

Her'e's wishing the best of luck on that, I feel certain they will probably refund you.

Tom