A bunch a new P15's

John Reddie

1 hour ago, John Reddie said:

I wonder if any in this photo are still around to day. I'd like to think so, at least one maybe.

John R

p 15's.jpg

I'm wondering where they were going. Do you have any idea?

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing how much search knowledge is on this forum?!

• Like 1

Wonder if any were loaded below deck?   Ship is a lot more out of the water than it would be with a full load of grain salt, coal or iron ore.  And here everybody thought roll on roll off was a recent concept...

How come cargo goes by freighters (ships). Freight goes by train, shipments go by truck?

I see at least two woody wagons and one convertible in that picture.  It also serves to show there were NO two tone P15s........all were a solid color.  Don't see any of those white metal wheel trim rings either.  Perhaps they did not use them in 46.  Neat picture.  

12 hours ago, BobT-47P15 said:

I see at least two woody wagons and one convertible in that picture.  It also serves to show there were NO two tone P15s........all were a solid color.  Don't see any of those white metal wheel trim rings either.  Perhaps they did not use them in 46.  Neat picture.  

Good point Bob about the trim rings. I think that possibly they were installed when the cars were at the dealers but not sure.

John R

Tom............would be nice to think thats its the only RHD 2dr imported into Oz but methinks that if it is RHD, the only reason would be that its a US Post Office vehicle..........lol...................andyd in Oz

18 hours ago, John Reddie said:

Good point Bob about the trim rings. I think that possibly they were installed when the cars were at the dealers but not sure.

John R

My grandad bought a new 48 Deluxe Coach (2 dr sedan)  The dealer dressed it up a bit to clinch the sale.  Included were the white trim rings, fog lights and back up light a cigarette lighter and an odd plastic wind deflector on the door window but behind the driver. Perhaps it was to protect the rear seat passengers from drafts.  

• Like 2