Water Distribution Tube Installation

TFC

Working on putting my engine back together.  Ready to install the new water distribution tube, wondering how tight a fit this should be?   Will not slide easily into the block,  not comfortable forcing this in with a hammer.  The old tube actually came out fairly easily, rusted thru in a few spots but came out in one piece.  Just how tight a fit is to be expected?  Thanks.

5 hours ago, TFC said:

The old tube actually came out fairly easily

Don't hear that to often!

It should fit snug, like it belongs there.....in other words it goes in without a lot of force.

I would make sure its burr free and not misshaped.

Make sure the block is clen of crud to, like Merle said.

A long stout pipe brush might be needed too.

48D

Hope fully it's not a newly  manufactured  offshore tube.

The tube as mentioned should go in with light taps. All that really matters is it fills the hole opening at the front of the block./

That assures all the water is going into the tube and not around it.

Thanks for the advice.  Looks fairly clean in there(some rust but not scaly).  Will find a wire brush to help make sure the "path" is clear of any scale/built-up.  The tube I plan on using is the second one purchased, the first one seemed way to bulky(too thick/tall).  The second looks/measures a lot closer to the one I pulled out.  I will add, wish I could have found a brass one...