Interesting Documentary on Great Depression and H. Ford

keithb7

I stumbled across this You Tube documentary. Likely due to clicking on various vintage car links. This particular movie gave me some great insight into the various business and social decisions made by Henry Ford. It seems he was quite a hard business man. Having his fingers in so much.  The details of the stresses put upon the average assembly line worker was a great reminder of how tough things were.  Then the depression hit. Oh my. 

I have heard so much about those hard times. The Dirty Thirties.  I have read about it. Yet somehow my sources failed to capture the details of everyday people as taught here. Many of us will never truly know hardship like this.

This was worth 51 minutes of my time.  https://youtu.be/VjH4pCatx0I

Edited by keithb7
  • Sad 1

Keith, a very sobering documentary. I was born in 38 so don't recall the Time, the Midwest also had the dust bowl, i do remember digging out every fence line on the ranch as late as the 50's. A very, very different world. 

I like being on and reading this forum so I will Not get into this.

DJ