clutch pedal bushing

casper50

Finally pulled the clutch pedal out of the coupe to replace the bushing.    Pedal shaft hole measures from .815.  Pivot shaft measures .75.  I've found lots of bushings with the inside measurement but they all are .9 or greater outside.  Can a machinist turn it to proper diameter, should the pedal hole be drilled or does anyone know where one of the correct size can be found? Did a thread search and found someone looking for the same but no joy.

I just found this.  Would someone with a truck parts manual from 36-53 look up the clutch pedal bushing part number please?  If I'm lucky the might be the same.

https://dcmclassics.com/suspension-parts/304-br-563-brake-clutch-pedal-bushing.html

I've emailed them asking for dimensions. 

Edited by casper50

It's sort of complicated... The clutch and brake pedals are listed with bushing, and the bushing isn't listed separately, unless it's a Fluid Drive truck, Truck-O-Matic, or larger truck. Those have a different clutch pedal and linkage system and list the bushing separately, for some reason. And there are several different part numbers depending on model year and size class. Does DCM reference an OEM P/N?

The first column designates series number (1-4), or a - indicates all series. The next columns are size class, B, C, D, etc.

1257120908_ClutchPedalBushing.JPG.d91e0a6773a4e43cc9a16ccab2469700.JPG

6 hours ago, casper50 said:

...... Can a machinist turn it to proper diameter, should the pedal hole be drilled or does anyone know where one of the correct size can be found? Did a thread search and found someone looking for the same but no joy.

Maybe my whole pedal arrangement has been in a worse condition. So I had to revise not just the bushing(s) but also the shaft.

Can bee seen in topic

http://p15-d24.com/topic/42339-plan-b-–-what-if-parts-are-not-or-difficult-to-get/

post #2

So yes, I am a certain that a machinist can manufacture a bushing which properly fits to your pedal shaft.

Just drilling would enlarge the bushing bore size, so round and smooth but more play ....

Received an answer from DCM on the dimensions of the clutch pedal pivot bushing that they sell.     "Hi, the BR-563 is 1.830" long and the closed dimensions are ( has a cut through it) 13/16 od and 3/4 id. Let me know if you have any other questions".     Same OD and ID as the one for my coupe.  Ordered.

https://dcmclassics.com/suspension-parts/304-br-563-brake-clutch-pedal-bushing.html?search_query=BR-563&results=1&