Removing heat control tap on head

Cannuck

Hi again 

Does anyone have experience removing this tap .

I am nervous about too much torque and snapping it off .

I have been spraying penetrating oil for a couple of weeks.still will not budge.

Thanks

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12e9.jpg

I will try the heat and wax .Does the wax run down the threads and act as a lub?

No I have not drained the coolant yet, I thought I would try to move it just a bit first but I see I will have to drain it first and remove the hose . 

I will do this tomorrow .

Thanks for your responses.

The wax reacts like solder on copper when you sweat solder plumbing fixtures.  Before you try to loosen it, put the wrench on and give it a couple taps with hammer as if you were trying to tighten if. This will some times break the hold of the corrosion.  That process is kinda like an impact wrench rather than just straight torque twisting at it.  Then do the same thing to start the loosening process.  I have been having really good results from a fifty fifty mix of acetone and ATF.  Use a six point box wrench not the open end.

• Like 2

Is the engine running? If so, started it up and run it for a few minutes to warm it up. See if it moves then.

• Like 1