Miller TruBrake Tool

desoto1939

I was just able to complete the required Miller factory tools for adjusting and truing the brake shoes for our early cars.  The complete set of tools is called Miller TruBrake System.  The total package consists of the Miller MT19 Brake gage which has all of the various sleeves to go over the front spindle and the real axle shaft and the other attachment to set the toe and heel and also mic the diameter of the drums.

The second tool is the Trubrake lining refacer tool. This tool is used in conjunction with the MT19 gage. You set the new shoes up with the MT19 gage by using the indicator marked Drum and then you use the refacer to take off the high spots on the shoe to make the perfectly concentric to the drum.  This has to be done for each wheel separately.  Then you use  the toe and heel setting to set the top and the bottom of the brake shoe so that the shoe is in perfect alignment with the drum.

I have attached some documentation taken from my Miller Tool catalog to help explain the function of both tools and how they are used in conjuction.  Hoping to but up a video of both tools being used on my 39 Desoto after getting the tool.

I have the Miller MT 19C tool with the 7 adapters  The MT29 is the trubrake lining refacer tool that I just purchased

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

Miller Trubrake Document.pdf

• Like 1

I saw that lining arcing tool for sale on ebay...Same tool as the brake doktor.

I used to run one of those for a year...  risky as the brake lining dust is blown all over the operater.☠️

But it will do the job as long as there is asuppy of abrasives.

There are a lot of adapter sleeves....those are the valuable pieces for the MT 19 tool.

A rare tool you found for sure!

Miller MT-19 Brake Gauge C49 Chrysler Brakes (12).JPG

Miller MT-19 Brake Gauge C49 Chrysler Brakes (11).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

I already have the Miller MT19 with the 7 sleeves that will fit most of the mid 30-50 vehicles. I have had this tool for over 15 years so the refacer is just the addon tool.

I also have the AMMCO brake gage 1750 tool as a backup.

It is fun trying to find the old miller tools, but not much luck finding them even at Hershey.  The tend to favor the GM and Ford tools and some of the more obscure marques and not the Miller Brand of tools.

I have a good collection to support the mid 30- late 40's cars and trucks.

Rich Hartung

Edited by desoto1939