Best way to pick up a Christmas tree

Old CWO

Hello All,

I have been a registered member here for a while but mostly lurk and/or search older posts for information.  I thought I would finally contribute a little bit to the forum by posting a photo of my truck hauling our Christmas tree this year.

Everyone like pictures of old Dodge trucks, right?

ct.JPG

• Like 10

Nice truck - nice tree - flagging tape attached...we're on our way . Have a Merry Christmas! ☺️

Thanks for the kinds words about the truck fellas.

The trailer is unfortunately stuck in "pile of parts" mode right now and I don't have any photos.  My bed for it needs major rust repair unfortunately so that project has slowed a bit...

10 hours ago, Old CWO said:

Thanks for the kinds words about the truck fellas.

The trailer is unfortunately stuck in "pile of parts" mode right now and I don't have any photos.  My bed for it needs major rust repair unfortunately so that project has slowed a bit...

If it turns out like the truck, that is going to be a great combination.

Good to see the truck out this time of year!

One question though- is is the truck overloaded??  ?

DJ

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

Read this entire thread

Thank you kind sir.

This looks like great fun, but I will have to think about it.  Not sure if the old flathead is going to like a trip over Carson pass and back.  

Thank you for your service. My older son is a CPO in the Navy. He’s a Crew Chief and a rated rated Rescue Swimmer on MH-60’s. Transfered this past May to NAS Atsugi with the family. He’s got about 1 more enlistment to go before retirement. That will give him about 23 years. Hope to go visit him in the new year. I like your truck. Is it stock? Does it still have the 217 flathead?

1 hour ago, Dozerman51 said:

Thank you for your service. My older son is a CPO in the Navy. He’s a Crew Chief and a rated rated Rescue Swimmer on MH-60’s. Transfered this past May to NAS Atsugi with the family. He’s got about 1 more enlistment to go before retirement. That will give him about 23 years. Hope to go visit him in the new year. I like your truck. Is it stock? Does it still have the 217 flathead?

Being a Chief is one of the best jobs in the military, you should be very proud of your son (even though he did choose the wrong sea-going service)!

Thank you for the kind words about the truck.    It still runs the original 218 flattie but there have been some concessions made to originality for the purposes of safety, reliability and modern driving.  It now has front disc brakes, a dual reservoir master cylinder, Jeep rear axle, radial tires, electronic ignition,  seat belts and so forth.  

I'd be leaving NY state right after the New Year's Holiday if I was driving this out to the barbecue.   She cruises at 45!

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:14 AM, MBFowler said:

I'd be leaving NY state right after the New Year's Holiday if I was driving this out to the barbecue.   She cruises at 45!

Well we ain't getting any younger my friend......START YOUR ENGINE!

Cya there MB :D

48D

• Haha 1