Just had a 7.2 quake

casper50

27 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

a portable crane and sling will rescue that vehicle....now who would be footing the bill on that...…?  that will be the sticky wicket

It would be a simple pick but I would be very concerned about stable ground under the crane outriggers.  

maybe they can activate the Alaskan National guard and a Chinook...…...

last night and all of a sudden we got some strong gusts pop up followed by a heck of a thunder and lightening storm that lasted 6+ hours...it was approx. 66 degrees so went out on the porch and enjoyed the light show....fell asleep about 4AM only to be awaken again by one heck of a thunder boomer about 6AM so I came in for breakfast and make a pot of coffee....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

a portable crane and sling will rescue that vehicle....now who would be footing the bill on that...…?  that will be the sticky wicket

I'd opine that if the owner wants his car back then he should have to pay for the removal.  Natural disasters are just that.  

2 hours ago, lonejacklarry said:

I'd opine that if the owner wants his car back then he should have to pay for the removal.  Natural disasters are just that.  

wonder if insurance would cover that? they likely would (depending on coverage level) if it had gotten ruined....

If mine, I would lay out  few bridgeplanks and drive it out. Or get a large bulldozer and start moving dirt, which is what is going to happen any way. The off ramp appears to be a fill ramp. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, DJ194950 said:

No vehicle is worth a human life!

Not Evil Knievel would want to drive that out.

Would not consider anything until the aftershocks are over-if ever!

DJ

yeah Evil could not cross that for the drop is too short for the parachute to open.....remember that fiasco don't ya?  

• Sad 1

I read there was measurable activity all the way to the Carolinas while this quake was acting up throwing its temper tantrum in Alaska.  Even strange seismic measured around the world in Madagascar. 

I saw pics of grocery stores where all the glass jarred items shaken of the shelf, smashed on the floor.  Clean up on aisle 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, oh heck  the whole store!!

Looks like the lucky driver of that car, found the lucky ticket to have his own island!!

...the silver lining, from lots of practice?   We need those road crews here in northern Maine - we don't get serious earthquakes, but we get frost heaves that'll surprise you and get you some air time in the winter, then either smooth out, or open up to eat your car come spring.  Maine DOT can't seem to keep up with them.  I imagine that, like Alaska, the roads here can be awful.  If you'uns happen to drive in any of the far northern states and see an often hand made sign that sez "frost heave"...it's not a Burma Shave slogan - slow down.  DOT will post them, too, but the ones with the hand made signs usually have divots from an undercarriage or two across the top.  Road crews can't/won't do anything with them in the winter unless they're really bad, but then can't find them again once they thaw out.  Folks like the onset of winter because the snow and ice gives us a smoother ride into March.

When folks ask how the roads up here are I ask them if they know what a bobblehead is.   That's me while driving. Huge frost heaves.  Of course the potholes disappear in the winter after a few snows and scrapings.  lol