Looking around for snow plow found this

greg g

5 hours ago, greg g said:

Little pricey and probably difficult to transport but interesting concept big power for a snow mover.

https://poconos.craigslist.org/grd/d/1942-aircraft-tug-tractor/6747545371.html

No cab,no doors,no heater. Not what I would want for a snow plow.

7 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

No cab,no doors,no heater. Not what I would want for a snow plow.

Must be cut from courser cloth here. Only talking an hour job to do the drive way.i can do that in my PJs and scarf.But since we have been spending the last four winters in NC I can appreciate your desire for an extra heat source.

Edited by greg g
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, greg g said:

Must be cut from courser clothing here. Only talking an hour job to do the drive way.i can do that in my PJs and scarf.But since we have been spending the last four winters in NC I can appreciate your desire for an extra heat source.

There is such a thing as "extra" heat???

Who knew?

Paul...........whats with the yellow snow?..............watch out where the huskies go..............lol...........you a fan of Frank Zappa too?............lol.............andyd

Paul a Frank Zappa fan ?? ?

Sorry do not want to see that picture in my head!!  ?

DJ

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 4:55 PM, greg g said:

Must be cut from courser cloth here. Only talking an hour job to do the drive way.i can do that in my PJs and scarf.But since we have been spending the last four winters in NC I can appreciate your desire for an extra heat source.

I'd LOVE to have that tuff doodlebug for my snowplow up here north!

A snowplow does not need cabin nor windows, heck , them would only be steamed inside & frost up outside. Good thick woolen pullover, knit cap and fur coat is what keeps man warm not to forget woolen socks and heavy leather boots. Cabins are for sissies.

p.s.

Only issue I can see, the plow plate itself is tiny... especially it is not tall enough in vertical direction. You cannot do much with a low small "bar" like that...

However, the main thing, the engine is loaded with torque - the plow is easy to fix.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Young Ed said:

I wonder how many neighbors driveways I'd have to do to pay for that thing???

I suspect that all depends on how cold it gets and how hard the wind blows where you live this winter.

1 hour ago, knuckleharley said:

I suspect that all depends on how cold it gets and how hard the wind blows where you live this winter.

I'm in MN it typically gets cold and windy for most of Jan-Feb. 

38 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

I'm in MN it typically gets cold and windy for most of Jan-Feb. 

Put a cab and heater in it,and pay for it clearing your neighbors driveways. Maybe even some shopping center parking lots. It's just too damn cold in Mn to not have a cab and heater on a snow plow.

Well I use a 10hp open Wheel Horse with a 48 inch blade. So the wider blade would shorten my process  and move the heavy stuff from the road plows quicker also.  So with a set of wind pants, a parka, warm boots,  good gloves, and a hat I am pretty well set to my 14x120 driveway.  It really hasn't showed since Thanks giving so will just keep hoping the snow fairy stays away...

That would be a fine snow-plow in northern Maine, too.  It's short for good maneuverability, and an airplane tug should have good weight, but it'd still need chain.  I echo Uncle Pekka's sentiment, it has a construction blade on it, would need a much higher blade to work well here, typical good snow day is 12-18 inches, bad ones are 18-24.  We've already got two feet on the ground this year.  Uber cold and windy here, too.  I don't currently have a tractor or riding plow, but I've used my neighbor's without a cab in the winter - the clothing is easy (for here), and I just wear my snowmobile helmet.  Looks goofy as all get-out, but works quite well.