T98 Borg Warner 4 speed any good for B1B?

doogan

I have located a T--98 4 speed and the guy said it came out of a jeep.   Not sure what it came out of but looks close to my 49 B1B 3 speed.    Would it do any better in 4th than by original 3 rd gear?   

Would it be worth the swap out or does the T-98 just have a granny gear and the 4th gear ratio same as my original 3 speed 3rd gear?    Just curious.

Really deep first gear and 4th is I to 1, same as  the 3 speed.  Full synchro trans.  Most of the time, swapping out the trans means swapping out the rear diff as well since the E brake goes away when OEE trans goes away.

Edited by Dave72dt
spell
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a correct T98 B&W Acme trans used in Canadian trucks especially Powerwagons.

It has the correct bolt to bell pattern, input shaft length and bearing retainer cover dimensions.

Again a granny low 1st gear but full synchros for the rest and very rugged.

20180120_180658_resized.jpg

20180121_070948_resized.jpg

That would be perfect trans for Paul's Wagon!  ?

DJ