Will I fit in a '42 Plymouth PT-125 pickup?

hotrodv840

Hello,

Silly ambiguous question: I'm 6'5.5" tall and 285 lbs and considering traveling to buy a '42 Plymouth PT-125 pickup, but can't find any specs on legroom/headroom.  How tight are those cabs?  I assume same specs apply for the same year Dodge badged version.  As a point of reference, I fit fine in my original '39 Dodge D11 business coupe (miles of headroom- I sink down pretty low in that old seat, and while legroom is tight it's still comfortable, even for driving over 7 hours in it one day). 

Thanks in advance for any input.  

I'm 6'1 about 230 and fit in my trucks ok. I actually have my seat forward a peg in order to get a little angle to the back. The back is hinged to the bottom so the further forward the bottom is the more tilt to the back. I don't have my truck hear to measure but I believe you'd clear the wheel and headliner.  

Yes you will, I am 6’6” and 333lbs and I fit in my 39 Dodge pickup. It’s a little snug and I wouldn’t want to drive across the country in it but I can drive it for an hour or so and feel just fine.

Edited by 8526088

Awesome, thanks for the feedback everybody! 

2 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Now that we've got that covered I've got to tell you there is no such thing as a 42 plymouth truck. The PT125 should be a 41. 

Interesting.  I'd never seen or heard of a '42 either and perhaps the seller is mistaken or has some flawed paperwork?  https://www.mecum.com/lots/KD1218-335527/1942-plymouth-pt125-pickup/ 

I am not near the size of some of you and while I did comfortably fit the cab...I still found the cab in my 41 Dodge as a whole rather small left to right...driver and a passenger is ok....put a third person in large or small it borders cramped rather quick.  Maybe I have been spoiled with having bucket/captain seats for way too long...I do know that my 2003 Dodge is HUGE inside...I have to lift the fold down console, then slide right across the seat to lift the right door lock...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I can't cite my sources just now (disorganized, not secret or anything) , but trucks manufactured after September 1 of 1941 are considered 1942 models and were sold as such. I have a WD-21 that falls in that category. The factory was already under restrictions in late 1941, so most of the trucks sold would have gone to priority sales such as farms and businesses (small fleets) rather than individuals.

I've seen examples of 1942 dated civilian trucks which were sold with mixed military parts, such as the wiper doors done in olive drab and military steel trimmed windows. I guess it was an interesting period for Dodge.

I am only 6.4 (with my boots on I am around the 6.5) but, I am willing to drive Young Ed's truck this coming June to test this out for you Hotrodv840  ?

stay tuned.... LOL

9 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

I am only 6.4 (with my boots on I am around the 6.5) but, I am willing to drive Young Ed's truck this coming June to test this out for you Hotrodv840  ?

stay tuned.... LOL

You got a deal! 

• Thanks 1

I don't know about the driver.....but a guy came to the BBQ a few years back (1946 W series 1/2 ton) and had a passenger that was 6'6.....they won the long distance traveler award, 1200 miles.

One way.

48D

I'm 6'1 and a newly 380lbs......down from 410.....with Brent's boots on, I'm 6'5.

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Radarsonwheels said:

Brent can I borrow those boots? I wanna be 6’ 7”! Size 14 right?

LOL, oh, I have a BOOT for you my friend ?

• Like 3