Running boards for a 1941 Dodge D19 Luxury Liner

roofdown

Anyone know where I can get a set of running boards for a 1941 Dodge D19 Luxury Liner?  I used the forum search and found some old references to Hunley Acuff Running Boards and Buckeye Rubber, but all of the web links are dead now....wondering if these guys closed up shop.?

Anyway, any leads are appreciated. FYI, I need "full" running boards and not just new rubber....the original running boards essentially rotted off the car so there isn't anything to recoat.

Thanks.

I regularly do a search on ebay under "Plymouth Running Boards" and a company from Ohio I think comes up as doing new boards for Plymouth.............the Dodge ones would be 2" longer I think due to the wheelbase but it might be worthwhile contacting this company.........andyd  

• 3 weeks later...

No worries.......lol..........btw if you ever come across a US passenger side NOS running board let me know........I bought a NOS 1941 Plymouth US drivers side running board a few years ago for my Oz 1940 Dodge.......the original rubber was lifting off and as the Oz cars were Plymouth based and I knew that 40-41 had the same shaped running board just different rubber pattern I bought it as it was very cheap, still in its original cardboard box.........funny thing is when I tell people that its a 41 Plymouth running board they say......."don't people see that they are different on each side"......my answer is that as you cannot see both at the same time, who cares...........lol...........so any NOS 1940 or 1941 Plymouth US drivers side running board would be greatly accepted...........lol...........heres a pic...........the 2nd pic with the vinyl top still on the cars roof shows the old running board..............andyd  

P1000696 (800x600).jpg

IMG_1535.JPG

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the measurements of the running boards (long side & shorter side length) that came on 41 Dodge 4-door? I still haven't found a set for my car, but have a couple of leads and I want to be sure that what I pay for will actually fit (as I'll most likely have to get something sight unseen).  Thanks.

I just did an ebay USA  search under "Plymouth Running Boards" and  a guy from Cana(?), Virginia listed 1937-1939 Plymouth Running boards, when his advert is opened he states that he also does them for 1940-41 Plymouth AND DODGE cars...........I'd be getting in touch with him to start with.............and ask him if he does single ones as thats all I need, a 1941 Plymouth US passenger side.........lol......Andy Douglas.  

8 hours ago, Andydodge said:

I just did an ebay USA  search under "Plymouth Running Boards" and  a guy from Cana(?), Virginia listed 1937-1939 Plymouth Running boards, when his advert is opened he states that he also does them for 1940-41 Plymouth AND DODGE cars...........I'd be getting in touch with him to start with.............and ask him if he does single ones as thats all I need, a 1941 Plymouth US passenger side.........lol......Andy Douglas.  

I did find that same ebay listing which references ramreproductions.com . I called that guy last week as I noticed it said he had 1941 Dodge boards. However, on the phone he said he doesn't have a Dodge template (only Plymouth).  

Roof, .even if your boards are rusted out would they be suitable or have enough left for the guy to use them as a pattern to then enable him to have a Dodge Template?...........my understanding is that the front and rear shape where they meet the fenders would/ should be the same as the Plymouth boards so it would be the extra 2" in the centre which literally maybe just an extra 2" which may allow the Plymouth  template to be adjusted or not..............anyway have you his phone number as I'd like to call him about doing a single board? .........thanks, andyd