P2 steering wheel

blue p15

no secret, but you will probably need to fabricate a puller which will come up under the  wheel  hub without causing damage .  Hooks on a typical gear puller will

damage the hub.

My Oz 2 cents worth.........my 36-42 Workshop manual says to remove the horn button & wire, then remove the steering wheel nut using Chrysler Puller # C-232..........which in the pic clamps around the steering wheel and has a center bolt that is screwed into the shaft and in doing so, removes the steering wheel..........or make one like DPOLLO says, .......you maybe able to modify a gear puller but unless it clamps close and tight against the taper on the steering wheel you may damage the wheel..........let me know if you want a scan of the pic...............andyd

Here is the factory Miller tool...C232 for pulling the wheel on your P-2... you won't find it.

It opens up and clamps around the lower part of the wheel and uses a thick leather protector against the backside of the wheel.

Anoher picture shows another more modern set up to pull your wheel using a bearing splitter and a Posi-lock puller....

Miller C232 Steering Wheel puller.PNG

Steering Wheel Miller 232 Puller (2).JPG

Steering Wheel Splitter Posi-Lok Puller (9).JPG

Steering Wheel Splitter Posi-Lok Puller (5).JPG

• Like 1

Blue, yep.......thats the puller thats pictured in the manual...........looks like its gunna be a fun job...........good luck.......andyd

bearing splitter and standard , two bolt , puller works just as well, as stated in my post on GJ.  And, they are available most anywhere, today.  In a couple of days if you order to save money. 

I hate arm type pullers and avoid them every chance I get.

Edited by kencombs

4 hours ago, kencombs said:

bearing splitter and standard , two bolt , puller works just as well, as stated in my post on GJ.  And, they are available most anywhere, today.  In a couple of days if you order to save money. 

I hate arm type pullers and avoid them every chance I get.

You have never had high quality 2 jaw pullers it seems.

I don't have "hate" against any tools... they are my helpers that get me through all my jobs?