Happy Thanksgiving to all...

Plymouthy Adams

I hope all days are special for everyone. I am never a fan of Holidays or birthdays. Treat everyday like a special day.

Thanksgiving though is special, A day to be thankful for all the other special days .... I love Thanksgiving!

And pretty sure my puppies are going to learn to love thanksgiving also  ?

I wish everyone another special day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

grits...what kind of critter is that....are they feathered or furred....do you trap them or shoot them....commercially raised?   Curious minds would go to the internet....lol

And what about hush puppies?  

Everybody have a safe and happy Thanksgiving day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving Plymouthy and everyone else.I hope yall enjoy your family, friends and the feast. Each day is a reason to be thankful and today is a day we can be thankful together while chowing down on a great meal and lots of pie.... and even grits of your so inclined :) Margo and I are going to be celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday . Margo is the overnight assistant manager and like so many who work in retail she will be coming home from work anytime now get a few hrs sleep then back to work for "Black Friday " or "blitz" as it is called by Walmart employees. Im roasting a Turkey for her to take to work for the associates to munch on. I must say it was a rather strange turkey as it had two necks in it. Thats the last time I buy a Chernobyl brand turkey I'll tell ya !

John

• Haha 1

I am going to get heavily chastised here but hush puppies are dog treats and grits I mixed as per the instructions of my grandfather in 5 gallon pails for the hogs...this is no joke...just because I live in the south does not make me southern....there is more to cooking that hot grease and an abundance of salt...a hushpuppy is a standby article of food that is to clear the throat of a fish bone for those that unfortunately overlooked them....I do not eat fish with bones either.

I just made the fruit salad, there are no marshmallows in it either.....and my neighbors cannot believe there are giblets in the gravy.....guess her favorite is in a glass jar by Heinz….I buy and cook extra giblets for the gravy.....I have seen as much as a gallon of the style gravy my wife makes disappear at the meal while my sister thought her Heinz gravy was the cats meow..no one touched it......guess we all all have our favorite way of preparing foods.

7 minutes ago, John Rogers said:

Happy Thanksgiving Plymouthy and everyone else.I hope yall enjoy your family, friends and the feast. Each day is a reason to be thankful and today is a day we can be thankful together while chowing down on a great meal and lots of pie.... and even grits of your so inclined :) Margo and I are going to be celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday . Margo is the overnight assistant manager and like so many who work in retail she will be coming home from work anytime now get a few hrs sleep then back to work for "Black Friday " or "blitz" as it is called by Walmart employees. Im roasting a Turkey for her to take to work for the associates to munch on. I must say it was a rather strange turkey as it had two necks in it. Thats the last time I buy a Chernobyl brand turkey I'll tell ya !

John

we got one with two hearts...…..never put the Chernobyl twist to it....hmmmmmm...makes you wonder....could be his neck was cut in two as he was raised behind a privacy fence.....I invite a few of the older folks in the neighborhood....my son called as he was leaving for week, so many folks called in and marked off work.....somebody got to drive the train...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Having worked as maintenance manager in a bird killing factory I can tell you that the giblet bag found in the turkey is not the giblets from that turkey. The giblets are all tossed in a barrel and hand separated by mostly illegal immigrants who do  not speak English. My wife and I are thinking about eating sardines and spam flushed down with some champagne. 

Happy Thanksgiving. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

Having worked as maintenance manager in a bird killing factory I can tell you that the giblet bag found in the turkey is not the giblets from that turkey. The giblets are all tossed in a barrel and hand separated by mostly illegal immigrants who do  not speak English. My wife and I are thinking about eating sardines and spam flushed down with some champagne. 

Happy Thanksgiving. 

ah yeah...champagne, a higher cost wine with a bit of fizz to keep the discernable palate from detecting the toe jam from the stomping of grapes with bare feet .(if contamination stops there..!)   Nothing like a good bottle of foot wine...sardines have bones...albeit they so soft they usually disintegrate, have a hush puppy on standby by just the same....

• Haha 1